The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
in moscow-does anyone in los angeles use pyramix program? help
Old 19th January 2007
in moscow-does anyone in los angeles use pyramix program? help

i recorded two songs in moscow, russia in a beautiful classical studio. we were told we can transfer files to open up in pro tools and we tried for 3 hours after we tracked and had no luck! im leaving moscow on the 20th and have two great recordings that im scared we cant open up...im hoping some one uses this program in l.a. or close by and i can do a transfer with wav files. the problem was the track names and take names wouldnt read on the audio files and no time code.
norm 323 855 5526
[email protected]
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcode View Post
i recorded two songs in moscow, russia in a beautiful classical studio. we were told we can transfer files to open up in pro tools and we tried for 3 hours after we tracked and had no luck! im leaving moscow on the 20th and have two great recordings that im scared we cant open up...im hoping some one uses this program in l.a. or close by and i can do a transfer with wav files. the problem was the track names and take names wouldnt read on the audio files and no time code.
norm 323 855 5526
[email protected]
Simply get the project, select a region (or the sound files you want) and use the render function in the file menu. When it asks what effect you want to apply, select none, choose seperate wave files, specify to use track names for file name tags, deselect unique filenames (this makes file names very long and not all programs can handle this). Obviously check your file path and put each individual track into it's own folder, copy to DVD's and Voila! Pyramix will generate wave files all the same length begining at the same timcode so it's a simple operation to import the files and place at a cursor point on the individual tracks. Importing should be a snip, you might want to edit out the silences, but it will get you out of a hole. Pyramix does give a range of other export option's but they depend on what version of the software the studio is running and potentially could give problems, so this is the safe bet..

Regards

Roland
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Why don't you contact merging and or post on the merging forum.
If you have problems in LA they are sure to help you out.
There are several Pyramix users from LA on the Merging forum and they are all very friendly people.
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Drop me a line when you get back, I've got a good friend that could probably help you out. Owns PMX and they've got PT at the studio...

--Ben

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search