The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Millenia Media Quad vs Millennia HV-3D 4-Channel Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 8th November 2015
Lives for gear

Millenia Media Quad vs Millennia HV-3D 4-Channel

Hello

I often use a Millenia Media Quad mic preamp specially feeding a Schoeps CMC5/MK-4 on classic guitars i never used the more modern Millennia HV-3D 4-Channels but what i see is that the oldest quad is better constructed having the power supply apart in other box so i just wonder if the newer version sounds exactly the same as the Quad version

cheers
Old 8th November 2015
Lives for gear

My guess is no. I have 3D and 3B preamps. The 3Bs seem rolled off compared to the 3D. Both are stunningly true to the source; we are splitting hairs here. But that's the difference I hear between 2 sets of very similar Millennia preamps.
Old 8th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Curtis View Post
My guess is no. I have 3D and 3B preamps. The 3Bs seem rolled off compared to the 3D. Both are stunningly true to the source; we are splitting hairs here. But that's the difference I hear between 2 sets of very similar Millennia preamps.

I´m pretty shure that both share the same circuitery ...but the construction of the quad is better as the power supply goes apart..
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search