The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vintage german broadcast modules (Neumann, Lawo) and custom racking
Old 17th January 2007
Here for the gear

Vintage german broadcast modules (Neumann, Lawo) and custom racking

Hi there,

I’m looking for some vintage german broadcast eq and preamp-modules. Preferably Neumann, Studer, Monitora, Siemens or Lawo.

Anyone has any suggestions where to buy these stuff (except ebay)?
Or is there anyone who offers custom racking solutions, for lets say a pair of Neumann-EQs?

Is there a dealer in germany, where I can actually listen to the stuff, before buying?

Any help is welcome!
Old 18th January 2007
Here for the gear

Thanks for the links! You recommend one special custom racker from the four you mentioned?
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

vintagecity have the best pricing but use pretty basic power supplies
hestudiotechnik ones look GREAT but cost a lot more..
I need to get some and will try the vintagecity ones I think.
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

Markus (vintagecity) was a champ to deal with..

really cool.
Old 18th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
vintagecity have the best pricing but use pretty basic power supplies
hestudiotechnik ones look GREAT but cost a lot more..
I need to get some and will try the vintagecity ones I think.
Vintage City racks are ok. I had two, now just one with some ANT EQ modules in them. The power supplies are glorified wall warts and I had a custom one made since I ran two racks off one power supply and was using some Neumann comp modules in the other one so voltage was an issue.

The modules don't fit that great in the Vintage City racks and seem kind of loose. I would pay the extra cash and go with any of the others that have the power supply built into the rack enclosure and use sturdy steel instead of aluminum as the screws holding the Vintage City racks together have the tendency to strip easily and come loose.

The HE racks look the best to me.
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher View Post
Vintage City racks are ok. I had two, now just one with some ANT EQ modules in them. The power supplies are glorified wall warts and I had a custom one made since I ran two racks off one power supply and was using some Neumann comp modules in the other one so voltage was an issue.

The modules don't fit that great in the Vintage City racks and seem kind of loose. I would pay the extra cash and go with any of the others that have the power supply built into the rack enclosure and use sturdy steel instead of aluminum as the screws holding the Vintage City racks together have the tendency to strip easily and come loose.

The HE racks look the best to me.
thanks for the info!
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

From the tegler site
DAMN! Is it wrong to have immoral thoughts about racks?
Old 18th January 2007
Old 18th January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by okailla View Post
cool, they have deoxit. you know how long I've been looking for that, over here?

Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack View Post
Thanks for the links! You recommend one special custom racker from the four you mentioned?
I've only dealt with HE Studiotechnik so far, and have been very satisfied with their service and products. The built quality of their racks is stellar, but also more expensive than Vintagecity's stuff.
Old 29th January 2007
Here for the gear

Hey, thank you for all your comments and opinions.

After checking back with all your recommendations I decided to go for vintagetools.de

I placed a custom order, a 2 channel recording solution

with 2 Neumann U473A compressors, 2 Neumann W491a 3-band eq,
2 Lawo W990 VM7 active fader and
2 Lawo 976/7 preamp with Monitora remote (can be seen on the vintagetools.de website)

Everything worked out just fine, the guys at vintagetools.de offer perfect service really high end quality.
Old 29th January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack View Post
Hey, thank you for all your comments and opinions.

After checking back with all your recommendations I decided to go for vintagetools.de

I placed a custom order, a 2 channel recording solution

with 2 Neumann U473A compressors, 2 Neumann W491a 3-band eq,
2 Lawo W990 VM7 active fader and
2 Lawo 976/7 preamp with Monitora remote (can be seen on the vintagetools.de website)

Everything worked out just fine, the guys at vintagetools.de offer perfect service really high end quality.
good choice of modules, clean stereo chain with a touch of silky transformer. slick sounds thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search