The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Benchmark/Mytek AD Comparisons? Handling Movers?
Old 15th January 2007
Here for the gear

Benchmark/Mytek AD Comparisons? Handling Movers?

Hi, Folks:

Last week, I moved from the Lake Tahoe, Nevada area to a quiet, country home on a few acres near Nashville. Unfortunately, the movers (North America Van Lines) ripped me off royally, grabbing my Millennia HD-3C and Mytek AD converters that were not even supposed to have been shipped with them, amongst many other things. Now, I'm left with a Benchmark DAC, and I now see that they offer the matching ADC stereo as well. So, I'm wondering if any of you folks can offer some feedback/comparison on the Benchmark and Mytek ADCs?

Moving, what a drag, this was a huge move, over $10,000, and only two folks showed up, the driver and his single helper, it took 2 days to load and unload, and these two thieves played every trick they could, I feel positively violated, yet police, etc., etc., keep referring me to the company, which only sends out claim forms, and these are already late in arriving. Those guy went through 200 boxes, shifted everything around, stole with impunity, whatever happened to arrests of such folks? Any suggestions would be appreciated, but it even looks like they may have forged a new contract that reduced full coverage to 60 cents a pound, somehow, my housemate's signature jumped over into a different column, and, of course, our personal new copy of this suspicious new paperwork was "accidently picked up" by the driver as he left! Wow!

I'd say to all of you to move your own gear, but I'll have to add: don't even let any movers know that this sacred personal pile of boxes even exits, thieves will then do what they do best, one of those guys even feigned a knee injury to throw me off track of what the other was doing!

All my best,

Mischa Z
Old 15th January 2007
amd
Lives for gear

WOW!!! I totally feel for you! All I can say is to remain persistent and don't give up on trying to prosecute those guys. Make sure that you keep detailed records of eveyone that you spoke with and what was said. It will be very handy if you have to take this to court!
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Guru

bastards! Definitely pursue this matter.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search