The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AnaMod : ATS-1 Tape Simulator
Old 21st November 2007
Gear Maniac

You Nailed it! I couldn't agree morethumbsupthumbsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
This site is about hanging out with other people, not "what things sound like". That's what you want from it. If you know a person's taste you get more from their words. Some people here make 100% sense to me as I know how they hear things from analyzing 224+ posts. Do some work, get something. Demand others do your work, get frustrated.

Posting clips takes time and effort, while saying something is easy, fun and social. Clips are only useful in a general sense, as we always need to use a thing in our chain. Bitching about a lack of clips is the height of arrogance. Someone who has a new box is either working for money with it, or working for themselves to learn it inside and out ... anyone here is a distant 3rd. If they post a few excited words as they get into it you're feeling shorted? That's absurd.

People will share what they can and what they feel like sharing. When someone is paid to post clips, people will bitch about that too! You can't win unless you roll with it.
Old 21st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K View Post
No, I did. You asked me "What are you gonna use for converters?" I thought you meant once the HEDD is gone. The Apogee's are awesome.
Yes, you understood my question correctly. What I don't understand was why you were replacing converters with a non-converter piece (Anamod).

But maybe you already had the Hedd for sale before the Anamod arrived, that could be my confusion

PS> Do a search for Hedd in the classifieds, there's a couple of WTB's for hedd's there!
Old 21st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Yes, you understood my question correctly. What I don't understand was why you were replacing converters with a non-converter piece (Anamod).

But maybe you already had the Hedd for sale before the Anamod arrived, that could be my confusion

PS> Do a search for Hedd in the classifieds, there's a couple of WTB's for hedd's there!
Cool. Thanks for the heads-up about the WTB. I didn't even think of it. In fact, I decided I should sell the Hedd while I was writing that post. Converters are not a problem. Apogee's are great. So, what else does the hedd have? The harmonic knobs are not something I ever use or need, so... time to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Super cool K!..Looking forward to some samples..drums maybe to if you can?
Cheers
Hey RB! I will get you some drum samples. That will be another week away though. I am at least 10 days out till my next drum session.
Old 22nd November 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Hey RB! I will get you some drum samples. That will be another week away though. I am at least 10 days out till my next drum session.
No rush.Thanksthumbsup
Old 22nd November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
No rush.Thanksthumbsup
Actually, I thought it would be cool if Neil played.
Old 22nd November 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgood View Post
Actually, I thought it would be cool if Neil played.
Nah..we need a guy who can swinG!heh
Old 22nd November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by µ¿ z3®ø™ View Post
press release that somebody posted at the gear page.
no idea about direct sales or a dealer network at all...

if they are being disingenuous about the 'all analog' signal path, it's gonna bite them in the ass when it eventually comes out.

NONE
Old 22nd November 2007
Lives for gear

I had a thought... haven't heard this box yet, but if it's all that folks are saying it is: if they could make a 16 channel summing box with anamod on each channel...??? Holy crap would that be cool..... just dreaming.
Old 22nd November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
I had a thought... haven't heard this box yet, but if it's all that folks are saying it is: if they could make a 16 channel summing box with anamod on each channel...??? Holy crap would that be cool..... just dreaming.
This product is amazing. record with it in line. That is the coolest part.

I don't buy the summing thing. record it right from the get go, and the summing won't matter. internal bussing works fine. This summing craze is too strong kool-aid for me. (NO OFFENSE)
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

[quote=84K;1643853]BOT
P.S. anyone want to buy my HEDD 192? seriously, anyone???

Hey 84K

I sent you a pm-no reply-were you seriously wanting to sell the hedd?

Cheers

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
This site is about hanging out with other people, not "what things sound like". That's what you want from it. If you know a person's taste you get more from their words. Some people here make 100% sense to me as I know how they hear things from analyzing 224+ posts. Do some work, get something. Demand others do your work, get frustrated.

Posting clips takes time and effort, while saying something is easy, fun and social. Clips are only useful in a general sense, as we always need to use a thing in our chain. Bitching about a lack of clips is the height of arrogance. Someone who has a new box is either working for money with it, or working for themselves to learn it inside and out ... anyone here is a distant 3rd. If they post a few excited words as they get into it you're feeling shorted? That's absurd.

People will share what they can and what they feel like sharing. When someone is paid to post clips, people will bitch about that too! You can't win unless you roll with it.
I had to quote everything you said so you can read it again and marvel at your aburdity

You read into my post that I felt shorted, was bitching, was being arrogant.

Go read what I said again and dont imprint your own horrible attitude upon things. Picture I said it in a nice tone--if thats possible for you. You see, you made yourself quite clear with Your post. Your a little bitch and no one could ever read otherwise. And because your a little bitch you thought I was you.

To a normal mind, I was pointing out that recording forums talk about the sound of new gear---224 posts, without posting a single clip of its sound. It perfectly valid. Out of all those posts someone could have plugged in a guitar or whatever to demonstrate its sound. No big deal...but I find it odd when a bunch of users requested a clip of it. Again, you saw flames coming out of my head when I said this because your a moody bitch but I really said it just how I would talk to any buddy of mine.

You also said "This site is about hanging out with other people, not "what things sound like". Oh..I see, you decide what this forum is. Whatever you decide it is...if someone suggests actually hearing something they should be the victim of your bitchy attitude? Great, since this is now **** Germany, What else do you demand? Considering this entire thread is about what the ATS sounded like, maybe the whole thread should be deleted because it doesnt conform to your rules.
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
I had to quote everything you said so you can read it again and marvel at your aburdity

You read into my post that I felt shorted, was bitching, was being arrogant.

Go read what I said again and dont imprint your own horrible attitude upon things. Picture I said it in a nice tone--if thats possible for you. You see, you made yourself quite clear with Your post. Your a little bitch and no one could ever read otherwise. And because your a little bitch you thought I was you.

To a normal mind, I was pointing out that recording forums talk about the sound of new gear---224 posts, without posting a single clip of its sound. It perfectly valid. Out of all those posts someone could have plugged in a guitar or whatever to demonstrate its sound. No big deal...but I find it odd when a bunch of users requested a clip of it. Again, you saw flames coming out of my head when I said this because your a moody bitch but I really said it just how I would talk to any buddy of mine.

You also said "This site is about hanging out with other people, not "what things sound like". Oh..I see, you decide what this forum is. Whatever you decide it is...if someone suggests actually hearing something they should be the victim of your bitchy attitude? Great, since this is now **** Germany, What else do you demand? Considering this entire thread is about what the ATS sounded like, maybe the whole thread should be deleted because it doesnt conform to your rules.

New Scientist Technology Blog: Don't flame me, bro'
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

It's gettin' hot in November...
Old 27th November 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
BOT

I used the AnaMod on a male rock vocal today.

Chain was SM7 => Shep SN-8 => Anamod (set on Studer w- 456) left channel => mult from there to pro tools and I sent a duplicate to the right side of the Anamod with lots of overdrive.

Since it is all analog there was no phase to worry about. It sounds like that classic tape distortion!!! Immediately made me think of "When The Levee Breaks" and just about every record by James Brown. That thick distortion is the icing on the cake. this box is very special and the more I use it, the more it impresses me. I highly recommend this for people who are very happy with their recording chops that crave that extra 20% of harmonic content.

I will try to do samples soon, Sorry! I have been very busy with other projects. Soon enough. Hopefully this weekend.

Also, I gain nothing from pimping this AnaMod box. I do not work for them, I am not a dealer, etc. In fact, I paid full list price just like everyone else. No deals. Worth every cent.

Any more updates???
Old 27th November 2007
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=asagaai;1647797]
Quote:
BOT

Hey 84K

I sent you a pm-no reply-were you seriously wanting to sell the hedd?

Cheers

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Sorry, I wanted to look at it to give you the serial number and all that, but I forgot by the time I got to the studio. I will pull it tomorrow and get you the info.
Old 27th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnico View Post
Any more updates???
As soon as I have time I will get clips up. Right now it is being used on a project and I am not touching it till the mixes are done.

P.S. Yes, it is at the end of the chain on the master.
Old 27th November 2007
Lives for gear

dammit I really want to try this thing
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

84K, would you mind sending a stereotrack that I give you through the AnaMod?
I have that stereotrack summed in a Neve8816, I am getting it in a version where the itb mix is run through the 8816 as well, and I have a fatso and a Hedd to run it through. Would be very interesting to see where the Anamod stands in this context....if I like it more than one of those boxes I can think of selling one and getting the Anamod instead....

would you do this for me?

thanks a lot!
pat
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

84K...how much is your studio rate to accommodate requests?
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

I just ordered one..

I was thinking of a 1/2 inch tape machine, but was put off by the maintance, cost.. etc..

I liked what I heard at AES and took the plunge.. !!
Old 28th November 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
I just ordered one..

I was thinking of a 1/2 inch tape machine, but was put off by the maintance, cost.. etc..

I liked what I heard at AES and took the plunge.. !!
Cool.Keep us posted thumbsup

whats the wait time to get one?
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboys View Post
84K, would you mind sending a stereotrack that I give you through the AnaMod?
I will eventually post before and after clips so you have have a clear idea of how it sounds. When I do that it will be a live mic on a source going though it before Pro Tools. That should give you a good idea of what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
84K...how much is your studio rate to accommodate requests?

hehhehheh
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

Dont quote me, but I talked to Greg and he said it would be about 2-3 weeks.
They are due for a shipment in..

thumbsup
Old 28th November 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
Dont quote me, but I talked to Greg and he said it would be about 2-3 weeks.
They are due for a shipment in..

thumbsup
Sorry forgot to ask..Price?
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

The amazing thing about this Anamod... it just thickens up your sound. The thing I don't like about the HEDD 192 or his Phoenix plugin, is I hear too much coloration that I do not like. I am very particular. I get the coloration I like out of micpre's, eq's, and compressors. The Anamod does not mess with your sound, it just enriches it. It is like adding harmonic detail to your recording.

I view the plugin version like the Cranesong products; IMO it sounds like you are putting a coat of tinted lacquer on your sound. May be warm, may be louder, tighter, but to my ears, they add a film of smoke over the sound.

Anamod is an effect I have dreamed about. It makes absolutely everything you run through it sound better. I don't care what it is; it will sound better after going through this box. There are not many other things (if any) I can say that about. This baby is the Yin and the Yang.
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

so you like it better than tapehead? Seriously.

Quote:
The amazing thing about this Anamod... it just thickens up your sound. The thing I don't like about the HEDD 192 or his Phoenix plugin, is I hear too much coloration that I do not like. I am very particular. I get the coloration I like out of micpre's, eq's, and compressors. The Anamod does not mess with your sound, it just enriches it. It is like adding harmonic detail to your recording.

I view the plugin version like the Cranesong products; IMO it sounds like you are putting a coat of tinted lacquer on your sound. May be warm, may be louder, tighter, but to my ears, they add a film of smoke over the sound.

Anamod is an effect I have dreamed about. It makes absolutely everything you run through it sound better. I don't care what it is; it will sound better after going through this box. There are not many other things (if any) I can say that about. This baby is the Yin and the Yang.
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superburtm View Post
so you like it better than tapehead? Seriously.
It is not fair to compare it to plugins, since it is much more versatile.

I am not a big fan of the Massey plugin, so it would not be fair. I know it is popular around here, and I respect the product. It is a great product at the price point, there isn't much else out there.

It is also unfair to compare a $100 product to a $3,000 product.
Old 28th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Hey 84K, cool comments but could you please post a few samples too? Thanks.
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

I will post samples when the project I am currently working on is complete. The AnaMod is being used extensively on it.

I understand the want for samples, but a lot of people on here don't seem to realize that I work for clients. I am not playing with the box for fun, I am using it at work. Since the projects I am on are not my master to share, I cannot / will not post or privately email anything from it. Once this project is complete and I have free time to mess around, I will. Right now, I am very busy. Things need to get done before we are out for the holidays. So, I appreciate everyone's eagerness to hear it, and I will do samples as soon as I am able to. But, no one is paying me to make samples but people are paying me to make records, so that (obviously) dwarfs making samples on my list of things to do.

Now, back to tracking.... through the AnaMod.... stike Sorry, I had to.
Old 28th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I will post samples when the project I am currently working on is complete. The AnaMod is being used extensively on it.
So you will post unprocessed samples, won't you? The final mix is useless.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search