The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AnaMod : ATS-1 Tape Simulator
Old 24th August 2017
  #1951
My ATS-1 lives on my mixbus for almost nine years.. during that time I've moved 3 studios, moved from a 6000E desk to a custom desk to on AWS900, the Anamod has stayed on the MB !
Old 24th August 2017
  #1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
My ATS-1 lives on my mixbus for almost nine years.. during that time I've moved 3 studios, moved from a 6000E desk to a custom desk to on AWS900, the Anamod has stayed on the MB !
That's great

AnaMod+ AD is far more flexible (gain and tone) than a Burl AD, to be fair.
Old 24th August 2017
  #1953
Gear Addict
Everyday.
Only wish I had a few more.
Old 27th August 2017
  #1954
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
My ATS-1 lives on my mixbus for almost nine years.. during that time I've moved 3 studios, moved from a 6000E desk to a custom desk to on AWS900, the Anamod has stayed on the MB !
Same story here. I'm 99% ITB. I can't find a plugin to do as good of a job as the Anamod. And believe me I wish I could find one. But I go with what sounds best!! Go ATS-1!!!
Old 9th January 2019
  #1955
Gear Nut
 
shamelesssounds's Avatar
 

Has anybody compared the Nebula ATE and the Anamod hardware?
AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - ATE Analog Tape Emulator - Nebula Programs
Old 9th January 2019
  #1956
Lives for gear
 
Drumhead57's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelesssounds View Post
Has anybody compared the Nebula ATE and the Anamod hardware?
AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - ATE Analog Tape Emulator - Nebula Programs
Does one need an external server to use this?
Old 9th January 2019
  #1957
Gear Nut
 
shamelesssounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead57 View Post
Does one need an external server to use this?
it's for nebula.
Nebula - Acustica Audio
Old 9th January 2019
  #1958
Gear Guru
Curious also. Anamod and Zulu of interest here!.....
Old 9th January 2019
  #1959
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelesssounds View Post
Has anybody compared the Nebula ATE and the Anamod hardware?
AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - ATE Analog Tape Emulator - Nebula Programs
Haven't pulled it out since I got Taupe, but it sounds very nice, as you would expect from AlexB.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1960
Gear Nut
 
shamelesssounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Haven't pulled it out since I got Taupe, but it sounds very nice, as you would expect from AlexB.
So, i gave the Taupe a run. The first 45-60 minutes with my euphoria were great, but then I began to find out its faults...
and now, I am not satisfied at all. It just blurs things.

I can't think of it as a tape emulation, imo, just a funny (?) toy to play with and to have fun for a few minutes.

Will try the Anamod instead.
Old 21st January 2019
  #1961
Gear Head
 
Mixxed Up's Avatar
hmm....
Old 21st January 2019
  #1962
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelesssounds View Post
So, i gave the Taupe a run. The first 45-60 minutes with my euphoria were great, but then I began to find out its faults...
and now, I am not satisfied at all. It just blurs things.

I can't think of it as a tape emulation, imo, just a funny (?) toy to play with and to have fun for a few minutes.

Will try the Anamod instead.

Sounds like a very vague description of what you don't like about it.

I use Taupe on drum bus preceeded by Veridian, sometimes Cream. It's not something I would put on everything in a mix, and usually not the master.
Old 21st January 2019
  #1963
Lives for gear
 
Drumhead57's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelesssounds View Post
So, i gave the Taupe a run. The first 45-60 minutes with my euphoria were great, but then I began to find out its faults...
and now, I am not satisfied at all. It just blurs things.

I can't think of it as a tape emulation, imo, just a funny (?) toy to play with and to have fun for a few minutes.

Will try the Anamod instead.
I was getting a little overboard with Taupe myself, then I hit the mix knob and back it down and things sounded better.

Nothing beats an Anamod box, however.
Old 22nd January 2019
  #1964
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
I use the Nebula ATS more than any other ITB tape, love it. Would love to hear the HW.
Old 22nd January 2019
  #1965
Lives for gear
 
Drumhead57's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
I use the Nebula ATS more than any other ITB tape, love it. Would love to hear the HW.
Nebula ATS is a stand-alone vst plugin, correct? i.e. no external server needed?
Old 22nd January 2019
  #1966
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead57 View Post
Nebula ATS is a stand-alone vst plugin, correct? i.e. no external server needed?
No server necessary. Just Nebula 4 and the ATE library from AlexB. TimP has two great tapes for Nebula also; T-Tape and 37J.
Old 22nd January 2019
  #1967
Lives for gear
 
Drumhead57's Avatar
Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019
  #1968
Lives for gear
 
RedBaaron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
No server necessary. Just Nebula 4 and the ATE library from AlexB. TimP has two great tapes for Nebula also; T-Tape and 37J.
Alex B also has simmed the Anamod directly. TSX- ANM. Worth checking out.

The only problem with using Nebula for this sort of thing vs hardware is that Nebula doesn't really work as a squish-it-up box because of the overload ring artifact. But for adding subtle layers of saturation, it's great.
Old 25th June 2019
  #1969
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaaron View Post
Alex B also has simmed the Anamod directly. TSX- ANM. Worth checking out.

The only problem with using Nebula for this sort of thing vs hardware is that Nebula doesn't really work as a squish-it-up box because of the overload ring artifact. But for adding subtle layers of saturation, it's great.
I've since moved to IK tape machine collection, incredible! Check it out if you've not heard it yet.
Old 25th June 2019
  #1970
Lives for gear
 
rob S's Avatar
Simmer the sim
That’s rich
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 88 views: 16122
Avatar for yeloocproducer
yeloocproducer 31st October 2009
replies: 357 views: 66629
Avatar for Bob Olhsson
Bob Olhsson 29th March 2019
replies: 83 views: 7691
Avatar for Rsantana
Rsantana 22nd July 2015
replies: 351 views: 25517
Avatar for Cosmicdolphin
Cosmicdolphin 25th April 2019
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump