The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AnaMod : ATS-1 Tape Simulator
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

How can you 'sell it' if you had sent it back during the trial period?

BTW, I remember that you had issues with the power supply (buzzing) (looks like you changed your handle here on GS?). Apparently 'some' of the early ATS-1's didn't quite mesh well with Euro AC, though they were fixed I believe.

As far as 'disadvantages'? other than the obvious (cost, not a recording medium, only 2 channels), what was some of the 'disadvantages' with the Anamod compared to tape?

(since you claim people rarely talk about it--lets talk!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WunderBro Flo View Post
btw I know several people who did not keep it. For me, in the end, getting real tapemachines made more sense.

Rock on!
I remember when you made that claim. I asked 'who', but apparently for some strange reason you felt it was privileged information and that we just have to take your word for it, and wouldn't name even 1 person. Still the same case? I just don't get it, it's just a piece of gear, why would anyone care that it is known they 'sent it back'?
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I sold mine...after sending it back (yes, after sending it back). For a number of reasons. And I disagree, I can think of many reasons why one would send it back or sell it, cause despite the hype.....
Why not list all these reasons you speak of?

The only issue I can imagine is the expense and the only being able to afford 2 channels - which does present a large PITA sometimes - but tape machines are a significant, ongoing expense as well, using them is so unwieldy, and, finally, if you have a machine, you get the sound of just that one machine.

Recently I mixed a record that featured a guitar player who had changed his tone somewhat radically during takes - different pickups, pedals, picking technique - and I found that bouncing them through the ATS several times, varying between the A800 and the 351 (as well as the ips settings) allowed me to pick the tape sound that was most flattering moment to moment. Obviously, I couldn't have done that if I'd have just had one or the other machine.

I don't see any hype; the ATS-1 just does what it's designed to do, and some of us (likely the vast majority who have tried it) find it quite useful.
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
How can you 'sell it' if you had sent it back during the trial period?
Well that is material for a new thread which I will start when the time is right. At the moment I have way more important things to do. Btw I did not send it back during the trial period but after I was offered a full money refund. A fun story for sure.

Quote:
As far as 'disadvantages'? other than the obvious (cost, not a recording medium, only 2 channels), what was some of the 'disadvantages' with the Anamod compared to tape?

(since you claim people rarely talk about it--lets talk!)
I posted a list of disatvantages earlier (I think it was even in this thread) but basically almost everyone ignored it and five posts later the usual praise took over again.

here are some, from the top of my head...
1 - built quality is at DIY level. Not made for eternity for sure
2 - low internal headroom (as noted by bob katz) and related to this the...
3 - relatively high noisefloor in comparison to other highend gear. So when you want to drive it in a safe zone so you do not overload you might find out that you added more noise than you would normally accept. btw I am not talking about the hiss parameter here.
4 - relatively unknown lifespan of the machine. this thing gets very hot and I have experienced a card going down just by shipping the well packed machine, leading to the next downside....
5 - only Anamod, maybe even one half of them who is the analogue computing wizard, knows how to repair those things. What if they go out of business? The distributor said that there is no chance he cold repair the broken card, confirming my thoughts on this point. Sadly Mr Studer died some months ago, but I know I can get my A80 repaired anytime.

These are just some of my reasons to sell it. The ATS1 is great for what it is and I have pointed out it´s advantages myself a couple of times. It´s just so typical that some things get praise, praise and nothing but praise as if they were some holy grail.

Quote:
I remember when you made that claim. I asked 'who', but apparently for some strange reason you felt it was privileged information and that we just have to take your word for it, and wouldn't name even 1 person. Still the same case? I just don't get it, it's just a piece of gear, why would anyone care that it is known they 'sent it back'?
I have to respect those guy´s wishes not to be part of any public discussion. I know of one mastering studio in Germany who simply said it does not meet their noisefloor requirements. Then there is another guy who is one of Germany´s top mixers. When asked about the unit he said basically the same, he liked to play with it but did not consider keeping it because he heard a problematic noiselevel as well.

Rock on!
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschizoid View Post
Recently I mixed a record that featured a guitar player who had changed his tone somewhat radically during takes - different pickups, pedals, picking technique - and I found that bouncing them through the ATS several times, varying between the A800 and the 351 (as well as the ips settings) allowed me to pick the tape sound that was most flattering moment to moment. Obviously, I couldn't have done that if I'd have just had one or the other machine.
I personally would buy an ATS-1 if only for tracking/mixing guitars.
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know of one mastering studio in Germany who simply said it does not meet their noisefloor requirements. Then there is another guy who is one of Germany´s top mixers. When asked about the unit he said basically the same, he liked to play with it but did not consider keeping it because he heard a problematic noiselevel as well.
I just have to call bull**** here.

As a quick reference, when sending a signal on a round trip through my Lynx converter and back, Cubase shows a noise floor of -83 dB. When I insert the ATS-1 with the input turned up to about 2:00, output to about 11:00, the reading becomes -67dB.

I guess this might be problematic if you were dealing with a solo piano concerto.

I have a few pieces that are quieter than the ATS-1, but noise is part of the analog world, and this does not strike me as problematic in the least.
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Steve, keep the bull**** to yourself.

You obviously have not used first or second generation EU units in the EU where there obviously was a noisefloor and buzz problem in several studios, (studios that have a ton of other outboard gear which does not buzz btw). A client asked me why there was a buzz before his song started, he realized that when using headphones. It´s not something that was immeadeatly obvious but strong enough to hear it after real world settings followed by mastering & brickwall limiting. I was not the first and not the last notice these things. We´re not a bunch of connected European liars.

ps - and btw a quiet intro or outro, a silent break....these situations can be very equivalent to the piano concerto you mentioned.
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I posted a list of disatvantages earlier (I think it was even in this thread) but basically almost everyone ignored it and five posts later the usual praise took over again.

2 - low internal headroom (as noted by bob katz) and related to this the...
3 - relatively high noisefloor in comparison to other highend gear. So when you want to drive it in a safe zone so you do not overload you might find out that you added more noise than you would normally accept. btw I am not talking about the hiss parameter here.
4 - relatively unknown lifespan of the machine. this thing gets very hot and I have experienced a card going down just by shipping the well packed machine, leading to the next downside....
5 - only Anamod, maybe even one half of them who is the analogue computing wizard, knows how to repair those things. What if they go out of business? The distributor said that there is no chance he cold repair the broken card, confirming my thoughts on this point. Sadly Mr Studer died some months ago, but I know I can get my A80 repaired anytime.
Wow, I really think this is nitpicking items that the Anamod clearly wasn't advertised to do.
1.> Nothing is made for eternity. IMO build quality is NOTHING like DIY. This is purely opinion.
2.> I have not experienced what you considered 'low headroom'. The headroom isn't any lower than any tape machine I've worked on. Does it have the headroom of a cranesong Tracker? No, and it wasn't designed as such.
3.> Noise floor?? LOL. It's noisefloor is lower than a tape machine. Done.
4.> Unknown lifespan? Really? This is your 'disadvantage'? Please list the gear that has a 'known' lifespan.
5.> What if they go out of business? Again, this is a 'disadvantage'??

Quote:
These are just some of my reasons to sell it. The ATS1 is great for what it is and I have pointed out it´s advantages myself a couple of times. It´s just so typical that some things get praise, praise and nothing but praise as if they were some holy grail.
You know, I have to respect your reasons for selling it---fully your decision and I honestly won't criticize you for it, even if I myself don't understand it.

I remember you had had some 'beef' with Anamod as a company. It really seemed like you felt you were wronged in some way, especially when it came down to the 351 card low end phase thing (FWIR). Again, your prerogative to sell for 'ANY' reason, though certainly not the reasons (you listed above) most here would sell a piece of gear for.

Quote:
I have to respect those guy´s wishes not to be part of any public discussion. I know of one mastering studio in Germany who simply said it does not meet their noisefloor requirements. Then there is another guy who is one of Germany´s top mixers. When asked about the unit he said basically the same, he liked to play with it but did not consider keeping it because he heard a problematic noiselevel as well.
Rock on!
Honestly I'm gonna have to take your claims here with a grain of salt. I don't give any weight to the 'he said, she said' anecdotal claims w/o any references to back it up. Especially, when IMO, there is no obvious reason one, anyone, would have to keep that sort of information 'private'. I could understand something like a drummer who is endorsed by Tama, but uses Ludwig in the studio would not want that information to become public. But Anamod? Really?
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

You obviously have not used first or second generation EU units in the EU where there obviously was a noisefloor and buzz problem in several studios, (studios that have a ton of other outboard gear which does not buzz btw). A client asked me why there was a buzz before his song started, he realized that when using headphones. It´s not something that was immeadeatly obvious but strong enough to hear it after real world settings followed by mastering & brickwall limiting. I was not the first and not the last notice these things. We´re not a bunch of connected European liars.

ps - and btw a quiet intro or outro, a silent break....these situations can be very equivalent to the piano concerto you mentioned.
Wasn't the Euro buzzing issue fixed?

What was the 'fixed' noisfloor measured at?
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
No bull**** here. Just the fact refuting your assertion of a "problematic" noise floor.
Quote:
You obviously have not used first or second generation EU units
You are entirely correct. But here, and now, in my studio, with my current production model ATS-1, there is no significant noise issue.
Quote:
. We´re not a bunch of connected European liars.
What? I wouldn't assume the group of people in my own neighborhood (or even my own house), much less an entire continent, have that much in common!
Quote:
That's why god made automation!
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Fleaman,
do you realize you are totally ignoring that the Anamod stuff is based on analog computing technology which is totally unknown to all pro audio techs around the world? Based on this fact my concerns make total sense. You simply talk them down as if this fact would not exist.
It is the simple truth that "regular" pro audio gear can be serviced and repaired by any skilled tech with a service manual and the right parts. Anamod stuff can only be analyzed/serviced/repaired by Anamod. So if they go out of business or suffer a stroke (which I of course do not wish at all for them) and your unit or cards fail, that´s it, trash. Given that it is new technology used in a pro audio environment it also makes sense to question how long it will last - no experience means an additional risk.

Regarding the low headroom, I do not care if you claim you never noticed it. I noticed it, Bob Katz noticed it (and he likes the sound of the ATS1 a lot btw) and it has nothing to do with the headroom of a tapemachine because it´s not the tape algorithm that overloads but the machine itself, resulting in clipping as opposed to tapelike saturation. But hey, maybe you are smarter than Bob, go school him as well!

Regarding the "personal" problems with Anamod, yes, I had those troubles and they were another major factor why I sold the unit, I never said anything else. But rest assured guys like you who love to paint reality black and white without acepting grey inbetween will never run into these troubles, you guys have something in common...the fabulous "you´re either with us or against us" mindset.

and yes, the newer units did have a better noisefloor, lower in level and more hiss than buzz. probably because someone started to use the powersupplies that were spec´ed right so the values match the printing on the board, instead of stuffing in something that was still around but did not match the values. my unit had acceptable noise and buzz levels after a powersupply change as well as some more small improvements. And still, the buyer told me that the noise levels were still higher than on the later models he also owns. So there are units around that are noisier and more problematic than others, and if you are on the used market you might catch one that is less than acceptable to critical users.

So anyways, I do not want to waste more time on this, spent enough already. People asked for downsides and as soon as I voice some the fanboys try to kill everything in an instant. Not my game these days, I´ll be back when I have more time for these silly games!

Now back to the regular program, let the praise continue!!!!

ps - steve, I´d be really curious how you set your automation to get rid of noise or buzz that has been mixed together with your signal. btw, impressive webpage. maybe I am just not in that league yet.
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Regarding the "personal" problems with Anamod, yes, I had those troubles and they were another major factor why I sold the unit...
OK, I was wondering where the bitter tone was coming from. You feel that Anamod did you wrong.

If you'll forgive me, as a non-owner and prospective buyer of the ATS-1, this makes me feel uneasy trusting your perspective on all of this.

Because, putting it simply, you dislike the people in the company. I mean, I once met David Bock at an AES and he was rude and cold and weird and derisive to other microphone manufacturers and it made me dislike his designs from that point forward. So you'll find a Wunder CM7 in my studio, but not a Soundelux E47. It's natural. We're human.

This is not to discount the possibility that you had legitimate technical grievances with the ATS-1. But it does make it murky for me as a complete third party, knowing what to believe. Y'know? If you were me, you'd be thinking "Hmmm..." too.

So, all things considered, it probably is best that you back out of the discussion at this point.

I'm not saying this aggressively/derisively, just kind of plainly.

- c
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
If you'll forgive me, as a non-owner and prospective buyer of the ATS-1, this makes me feel uneasy trusting your perspective on all this.

- c
Grab an ATS-1 - you won't regret it!
Old 28th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
ps - steve, I´d be really curious how you set your automation to get rid of noise or buzz that has been mixed together with your signal. btw, impressive webpage. maybe I am just not in that league yet.
Again, the ATS-1 does not make a buzz. I don't master (if I can avoid it); I mix, and getting around noise issues, be it from a microphone, or noisy yet euphonious rack gear, usually involves some sort of artful automation. Given the names you drop on your web site, you have to have the experience to know what I'm talking about.

At any rate, I have to emphasize, to anyone without a vested interest in this argument, the noise introduced by this unit is absolutely minimal.

As far as my web site is concerned....I am no web site designer, and I can't justify paying someone to do it for me, so it is unashamedly home made looking.

Since you brought it up, The Wunderbros site seems a little (unintentionally) silly - why are these guys standing around with their hands in their pockets smiling at each other anyway?

Sure, my pulsating brain is silly, but at least there are samples of my work, and search engines don't confuse me with Wonder Bras.

Your "press" link doesn't work by the way.
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

SilverSonya, no worries, I posted before your request I am not going to argue about those things any more at this time. As you speak about another thing let me give you a quick feedback on your thought:

I find it quite interesting that you think the opinion of someone who had beef with Anamod is too biased to be taken seriously, even though I always did and still am pointing out what the units strong points and advantages are (alongside what I consider downsides), but on the other hand you seem to be loving advice from guys who are so biased towards the other extreme that it is impossible for them to accept the existence of any downsides of the unit. Think about it.

Rock on!

ps - steve, whats up man, I just said "cool website" :-)
Old 29th October 2010
Quote:
ps - steve,... btw, impressive webpage. maybe I am just not in that league yet.
Quote:
you're kidding, right? your comment wreaked with condescension.
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
If that was indeed, not sarcasm, then I truly apologize for my hostile response.

I guess it's a bit of a sore point, but my financial priorities haven't allowed any money left over for marketing. Twin boys are expensive, and the musicians on which my business depends are usually worse off than I.

I think the point that you make with which I can most sympathize is the fact that there are essentially two guys that can fix or replace the ATS-1 if it goes haywire. That is a bit scary. (Dave...take care of yourself!!!)

But, life's too short to worry about various inevitabilities, and, the ATS does something that I could not achieve - absent 4 different tape machines and even more work - that I really, really like. Check out the Jahman Brahman mix on my silly web site. The ATS-1 is all over it - but you won't hear any noise.

Tonight was beggars night in our neighborhood.

One of my boys (they're 10) was acting as a fortune teller in a Halloween maze/haunted house we set up in the back yard. I had him tell my fortune after all the other kids had been by. He asked me what my worst fear was. I said prostate cancer, and he then intoned that in the future I would not only have prostitute cancer, but Mom would subsequently divorce me then set me on fire with a flamethrower.

I try to live in the here and now.
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

The ATS-1 is THE ****.
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fleaman,
do you realize you are totally ignoring that the Anamod stuff is based on analog computing technology which is totally unknown to all pro audio techs around the world? Based on this fact my concerns make total sense. You simply talk them down as if this fact would not exist.
It is the simple truth that "regular" pro audio gear can be serviced and repaired by any skilled tech with a service manual and the right parts. Anamod stuff can only be analyzed/serviced/repaired by Anamod. So if they go out of business or suffer a stroke (which I of course do not wish at all for them) and your unit or cards fail, that´s it, trash. Given that it is new technology used in a pro audio environment it also makes sense to question how long it will last - no experience means an additional risk.
You're ignoring many things here also (assuming that I'm also ignoring 'something' I've yet to notice).
> Anamod doesn't claim they will be in business forever to service their propitiatory technology. I don't believe ANY business does such a thing.
> How do You Know that no one other than Anamod can service their gear with the applicable service manual? I've looked inside the ATS-1 and noticed the the mass majority of components are common resisters. You're making assumptions about something you don't have a clue about. It might very well be possible that with the appropriate service manual, any competent tech can service the ATS-1. Since you haven't taken the ATS-1 + service manual to a round of tech's to confirm your assumption, it remains just that, an assumption.
>>>And the most important point: You knew all of this BEFORE you bought the unit. Yet you complain about it after the fact tutt

Quote:
Regarding the low headroom, I do not care if you claim you never noticed it. I noticed it, Bob Katz noticed it (and he likes the sound of the ATS1 a lot btw) and it has nothing to do with the headroom of a tapemachine because it´s not the tape algorithm that overloads but the machine itself, resulting in clipping as opposed to tapelike saturation. But hey, maybe you are smarter than Bob, go school him as well!
I never said that I never noticed that the ATS-1 has less headroom than say a Cranesong Tracker. I specifically said that the ATS-1 has more headroom than any tape machine I've used. I don't give a hoot about whether a real tape machine(and which machine btw?) craps out internally before or after tape, I'm talking total in/out headroom with the machine + tape involved. The signal to noise on the ATS-1 (w/o hiss engaged) is lower than any tape machine I've worked on(w/tape rolling), FWIR. Total headroom on the Anamod isn't worse than a whole Tape machine (input to output, tape rolling), that I can remember.

BTW, Bob Katz and other mastering engineers own/use the Anamod in their mastering studios (as you know). The noise floor/headroom wasn't a problem for them it seems.
And you're comment about me being smarter/dumber than Bob Katz? You do realize that Katz and I both have and love the Anamod, and you don't. So I'm not quite getting how the Katz reference is helping your argument.

Quote:
Regarding the "personal" problems with Anamod, yes, I had those troubles and they were another major factor why I sold the unit, I never said anything else. But rest assured guys like you who love to paint reality black and white without acepting grey inbetween will never run into these troubles, you guys have something in common...the fabulous "you´re either with us or against us" mindset.
Uhm, I personally think there's only one person here with the attitude 'with us or against us'.

The whole point of my post(s) was to address your 'issues' specifically, instead of you just branding Anamod as a hype machine. At first posters here were wondering 'what' was all these hidden disadvantages, as though it was some conspiracy. I admit I kinda forgot your personal issue with Anamod, plus you had changed your GS name, so I was only trying to get to the bottom of your complaints. I specifically address each and every bullet point you made, you answered most all, with the exception of the 'he said, she said' stuff.

I'm not painting anything any color. I just asked you to qualify what you meant by 'disadvantages', and now we know.

Quote:
and yes, the newer units did have a better noisefloor, lower in level and more hiss than buzz. probably because someone started to use the powersupplies that were spec´ed right so the values match the printing on the board, instead of stuffing in something that was still around but did not match the values. my unit had acceptable noise and buzz levels after a powersupply change as well as some more small improvements. And still, the buyer told me that the noise levels were still higher than on the later models he also owns. So there are units around that are noisier and more problematic than others, and if you are on the used market you might catch one that is less than acceptable to critical users.
FWIR, you went ahead and had some tech build or modify the power supply, correct? Anamod didn't work on your unit themselves, correct? Bottom line is that you should have returned the ATS-1 for a unit that Anamod updated.

Quote:
So anyways, I do not want to waste more time on this, spent enough already. People asked for downsides and as soon as I voice some the fanboys try to kill everything in an instant. Not my game these days, I´ll be back when I have more time for these silly games!
It's interesting on how defensive you've gotten when all I asked (at least for me), was 'what' were the downsides (yes, it was 'me' that asked!), then all I did was ask you to be specific and qualify your answers. If that is your definition of a 'fanboy', well, then I guess I am one

Quote:
Now back to the regular program, let the praise continue!!!!
BTW, even though you're responding to my post(s), exactly what was I 'praising' anyway? Seriously, check out my posts on this page, what was I 'praising' so highly about??
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

Hype?

hype

–verb (used with object)
to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually fol. by up ): She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car.
to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily: a promoter who knows how to hype a prizefight.
to intensify (advertising, promotion, or publicity) by ingenious or questionable claims, methods, etc. (usually fol. by up ).
to trick; gull.
–noun
exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
an ingenious or questionable claim, method, etc., used in advertising, promotion, or publicity to intensify the effect.
a swindle, deception, or trick.

I thought to refresh the definition(s) of 'hype'. I think #1 could be applied to the Anamod, but the rest (2-7) would seem to need some proof of conspiracy, which has yet to be done (other than just stamping the word 'hype' into a posting).

It's likely the 'hype' Pat talks of is just a lot of posters who've genuinely liked the ATS-1.
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
This is not to discount the possibility that you had legitimate technical grievances with the ATS-1.
He did. Not all the early ATS-1's worked well on Euro AC. Strangely, some were fine (according to Anamod and some posters here). In any case Anamod did admit to having some issues with some units not playing well with Euro power. Reasons as to why other Euro units worked fine had something to do with everyone's AC power situation being slightly different and in some instances there won't be a buzz, in another studio, town, country, there would be one. Perhaps some sort of AC power ringing out under certain circumstances

Anamod resolved the issue apparently, but I believe Pat went ahead and had a tech modify his ATS-1, which either didn't fully fix the problem or it still just didn't have the S/N ratio he was hoping for.

USA Anamods never appeared to have this issue.
Old 29th October 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
If you think this, watch the video "Anamod Secret" <http://www.soundstrips.com> and you will see how the Anamod ATS1 is built…Not at all DIY
Old 29th October 2010
Ordered one

Well, I just ordered an ATS-1 w/ the 351 card. Greg spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me answering questions, and chewing the fat about NJ and other common ground we have. What a nice guy.
I'll be sure to post my findings and some clips as well for anyone interested.
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wells View Post
The ATS-1 is THE ****.
Big PILES of it!

Okay, now we have a problem.
If Anamod ends up using the phrase "Big Piles Of ****" in their marketing campaign how are we going to split the proceeds?
I think I need to have my guys call your guys and get this hammered out pronto.
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
...but on the other hand you seem to be loving advice from guys who are so biased towards the other extreme...
This is perfectly wrong and again seems to further demonstrate that you may be emotionalizing stuff that is not emotional.

Trust me. I've been there. I hate Sonnox as a company. Loathe them to pieces and will be happy if they perish. Now: Ask me how I feel about their limiter. Do you trust me on this topic?

To be clear: I'm not loving anybody's advice.

I'm visiting this thread to gather information on a product I'm considering purchasing. There are several other products on my wishlist that may come first or may not. We will see.

- c
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
You obviously have not used first or second generation EU units in the EU where there obviously was a noisefloor and buzz problem in several studios
Is this problem solved?

Also, where can I hear this thing?
Old 29th October 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
Well, I just ordered an ATS-1 w/ the 351 card. Greg spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me answering questions, and chewing the fat about NJ and other common ground we have. What a nice guy.
I'll be sure to post my findings and some clips as well for anyone interested.
I strongly recommend you get the 102 card too.you won't regret it.
the 351 is great but imo,in some situations,can be a tad heavy handed.
enjoy!
Old 29th October 2010
Lives for gear

I think people should order ALL the optional cards (think there's 3 of them) if Anamod still has the trial period policy. Then you just return the option cards you don't like.
(can't return the stock cards though)
Old 30th October 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
I strongly recommend you get the 102 card too.you won't regret it.
the 351 is great but imo,in some situations,can be a tad heavy handed.
enjoy!
thanks, RB... I'll try the 102!

Quote:
I think people should order ALL the optional cards (think there's 3 of them) if Anamod still has the trial period policy. Then you just return the option cards you don't like.
(can't return the stock cards though)
Good thinking, Flea. Will do.
Old 30th October 2010
BTW, during my conversation with Greg today on the phone, he told me a few of the "interesting" requests he's gotten on the ATS... one of which was for a model of the Blackface ADAT!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search