The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AnaMod : ATS-1 Tape Simulator
Old 19th September 2008
  #961
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA VERDAD View Post
Really? Have you done that too? I sure don't want a guilt trip after I say I don't want it and return it. Hassle free?
i know of one person that returned his... very much hassle free. i am not that person BTW, i'm very happy with mine.
Old 20th September 2008
  #962
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by malice View Post
Thanx theother, you nailed it.

Fleaman: you're a morron.

malice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA VERDAD View Post
You guys are NOT the only ones who think this way. And I am American.
Ok LA VERDAD, you are really showing your true colors here. You obviously spent the week digging, or shall I say Trying to dig dirt up on me and others, so you finally found some **** here....oh so you think?

Guess what? Malice TOTALLY apologized to me and the forum for going off the handle misinformed. That was what it was all about. Of course you just dug and dug until you found dirt (posts from 5 months ago!!), then brought a thread from 2 weeks ago back to life just to throw **** around? Yup, because you didn't bother to read further down where malice totally admitted to calling me names for no reason...as he was assuming things he didn't know about, but again...He MAN'd up and apologized and I said it was totally cool dude.....'cos that's the kinda guy I am. Observe the evidence from post #759:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Dude, you need to calm down.

I hope you know that Anamod doesn't discount to dealers (reason there are no Anamod dealers in the U.S.),
Quote:
Originally Posted by malice View Post
I didn't know that actually. That could explain a part of the price difference.

I realise I was a bit hot tempered, no matter what.

I don't want to be that insulting

Please accept my apologizes

Need to take a cold shower

malice
Quote:
Originally Posted by malice View Post
Please accept my apologizes
malice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Water under the bridge

It's just a flesh wound

It's all cool.



Malice made this apology after my post #758 (too big to post here again, but I'm sure you'll look it up LA VERDAD).

LA VERDAD, you posted in the AM660 thread how you had no time for High School bull****? Just exactly what are all these posts today about? You went back 5 months in this thread to pull up an old issue that was totally resolved by adults in the end, 5 months ago.

What a friggin hypocrite.
Old 20th September 2008
  #963
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA VERDAD View Post
I didn't get booted. I chose to leave on my own free will. Due to the product being mysterious and very vague and lastly, some of the GS members were forcing it down my throat or hating me because my opinion was not in agreement with theirs. I am done. Out of this thread, because any Anamod topic that I have participated in has been very dangerous for me.
.
The mods deleted all your High school bull**** posts...didn't notice that??

How can anyone force it down your throat? Try it or don't.....actually, I hope you don't. In fact I specifically said I hoped you would never try an anamod....how is that shoving it down your throat? All your 'opinion' is about a piece of gear you have never used, and you 'hate' on those here that actually used it and gave their opinions/thoughts/comments.

This is a friggin gear forum dude. Some of us rave about gear....so what? Randomly click on any thread and notice the raving about something!
Why don't you start a separate thread for those who didn't like Anamod gear and returned it? And let me know how that works out for you. Please spare us from your pissing/flaming/fighting on this thread.

You're the only one doing any 'hating' around here....everyone is in agreement about that except for 1 person; You. You brought back to life an Anamod thread from 2 weeks ago and your 1st post? To start a flame war and hate.

ALL that fighting from 5 months ago was ALL due to misinformation....just like how you were misinformed. The difference was this was all resolved in an adult manner 5 months ago, but of course you didn't bother to read much further into it.....you found your 'dirt' and recklessly posted here to start a fight.

Sorry, if it walks like a TROLL and talks like a TROLL.......

fuuck

Unbelievable.

>>Edit, side note: I would not normally take LA VERDAD's baiting, but since he rehashed some inflammatory posts about me Out of Context, I felt I needed to set the record straight about what happened 5 months ago, hence said response from me today. Sorry to everyone else for the needless drama

Last edited by Fleaman; 20th September 2008 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: To apologize for the drama.
Old 20th September 2008
  #964
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post

Unbelievable.
+1
The guy just can't keep his foot outt'a his mouth.

..
Old 20th September 2008
  #965
Moderator
 
Tim Farrant's Avatar
 

MR LA VERDAD

You are in serious risk of being banned from posting. Don't fill these threads with your negative crap. No one wants to read it. I gave you the chance and you continue to be an annoyance. I think everybody knows you do not like Anamod products (even though you have never used them), so be it.

Take VERY VERY careful steps my friend otherwise you are OUT.
Old 21st September 2008
  #966
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

LA VERDAD was in another anamod thread in which the mods deleted his posts. He was warned to cool it.

As evidenced here, he couldn't help himself. He pulled up posts from 5 months ago to start a fight.

As for the Anamod> I remember you and I (and others) driving around in circles about this. I could not understand your logic. You were willing to pay someone else more $$ to do anamod samples for you than if you just tried it out on the 10 day trial (and at the most be out shipping costs, like $30-$50?). Like tape, there are many levels of saturation/tone/bias, etc., and particular to the Anamod you've got 2 different machine cards, 2 different tape cards, and of course that 351 card everyone likes, then how hard you drive or how little you drive it or what you drive (drums, vox, bass, gtr, mix buss, etc., etc.). No one will be able to do all of those thousands of settings for you and in any case, it would still be cheaper for you to use the actual box in your studio.

Again, I still don't understand the logic here, you want to pay someone else more $$ to use the anamod at their studio, than you could try out for yourself! But I also didn't understand the logic of LA VERDAD of which you seem to have sensible feelings for. ....strange....

EDIT>> I just noticed that the mods deleted LA VERDAD's posts here too, Or maybe they banned him all together? so I can see how Peacock was missing the riff.
Old 21st September 2008
  #967
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Double Edit>> Wow, looks like LA VERDAD is gone for good...as in banned.

At least with that member name.

All his posts everywhere seem to be gone, doesn't come up in a member search.

Guess he tried to post some not so friendly stuff here or elsewhere again.....taking up too much of the mods time....
Old 21st September 2008
  #968
He asked to have his registration deleted, we obliged.
Old 21st September 2008
  #969
Lives for gear
 
dbjp's Avatar
 

You're never going to get a good understanding of gear without taking a hands on approach, being able to tweak the knobs and understanding the subtle or not so subtle changes that occur in specific circumstances.
I'm not in the US so I can't do it, but if I were you I'd just order it and evaluate it for a week and then make the decision right there.
Old 21st September 2008
  #970
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Peacock,

Well, as mentioned, the Anamod is 100% fully guaranteed, return for any reason within the 10 day trail. Put it on the card, try it for 10 days, return it if it doesn't float your boat, get your money back minus the shipping cost, and post here your thoughts on why you didn't like it---or did. That is Way cheaper and more effective than having someone else try it out for you, of which can be inconclusive (they drove it to their tastes, not yours).

In my case, I got the anamod and drove it pretty good....I liked it, but wasn't sure if I $3,000 liked it. I thought it did the tape thing better than anything else, but with the stock cards, it was subtle (like tape can be), especially since it's only 2 channels and just using it on the mix bus wasn't gonna make it sound like the whole band was tracked to tape (less subtle with individual tracks, like drums). Then I got the 351 card (within the trial period) and I totally changed my mind...I kept it. Now, if I had someone else play with the anamod for me, I probably wouldn't of bought it....and that would have been a sad choice for me.

Think of it this way, would you prefer to choose a guitar amp by playing with it yourself? Or paying someone in another state to send samples of it to you?

I don't know why I'm posting about this again, 'cos it's just a circular logic thing, I don't understand why you want to spend more money to NOT use the anamod yourself Your method is just plain strange
Old 21st September 2008
  #971
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
I'm not in the US so I can't do it, but if I were you I'd just order it and evaluate it for a week and then make the decision right there.
I bet you're mighty jealous about Peacock's ability to do that!
Old 21st September 2008
  #972
Gear Maniac
 
khai's Avatar
 

What prevents me from buying the ATS-1 is the fact you can't order it with the cards you want in it. I'm only interested in buying it because of the 351 card.

Buying it in Europe would cost me:

5070 US$ (3500 euros) for the unit
+
460 US$ (320 euros) for the 351 card
Total = 5530 US$.

No way. I'll only buy it when they change this.
Old 21st September 2008
  #973
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

They 10 trail the 351 card also...so you can return everything, or just the 351 card if you like. It's true they won't change the stock cards, the 351 would be an extra cost...if you keep it of course.

But, it does suck if you are not in the U.S.

I think the European distributors offer the trail period also? Yet you are gonna pay the price in a higher mark up.....
Old 21st September 2008
  #974
Gear Addict
 
C.Judd Karn's Avatar
 

worth every penny

Just had to chime in.

I'm using the ATS-1 on a current project and it is incredible, worth every penny (which was hard for me to come up with at the time).

Buy it invite some engineers that you trust by....that's what i did....I didn't want to keep it (10 day money back trial) but it's a killer box and after applying it with the ampex card to multiple overdubs I can really see the true value!

Also used it in a session at Henson in LA recently and the assistant was raving over it...definitely favored better than the fatso for emulation.

I also had a great tech support experience (correcting my bad).

Hope this helps some on the fence<
C
Old 22nd September 2008
  #975
Gear Addict
Thanks C.

Very helpful here to hear a new voice among the voters!

Quite over-complicated to audition ATS in Canada too without running interference with distributor sales folk and the kooky mark-ups, but beginning to sound like it might be worth the effort.
Old 22nd September 2008
  #976
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
That kind of money for me is always try before you buy. .
Exactly. What do you think I did?

Maybe if you think of it as a 'deposit', for a very, very cheap rental price (cost of shipping only), would that help?

Because that is basically what they are offering and why I had to try it. It was a no lose (except dinner money) situation.

People in other countries wish they had your options....
Old 22nd September 2008
  #977
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
That kind of money for me is always try before you buy. Maybe at some point a pro studio in the Southeast will have one.
It has a full money back trial period.whats the problem here?

..
Old 22nd September 2008
  #978
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
It has a full money back trial period.whats the problem here?

..
I really wish I knew
Old 22nd September 2008
  #979
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
Ana-mod should have demo units like some of the high end mic co have.
They do, it's called a 10-day trial period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
money back trial period is not the same as demo-ing. One mic co that I wanted to try (mid range tube ldc that suppose to have big highend sound) has the same money back policy and you have only 3 days to decide. Not enough time.
It's 10 DAYS !!!

Quote:
Not being able to demo gear is silly.
Yet You don't want to demo the Anamod, you want to pay someone else more $$$ to demo it for themselves

Now THAT is SILLY


You are very strange
Old 22nd September 2008
  #980
Lives for gear
 
dbjp's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
Not totally true. Gear (esp. something like the ana-mod) will only have a small part in how good your sound is. Technique and mics are way more important. .
Er.. I take it you've never used a mic pre, compressor, eq, or any form of outboard then.

Maybe I should sell all my gear, keep my mics and buy some multi-track recorder from Korg?

Your point just doesn't make sense to me. So you're saying something like an Anamod will only give the most subtle of effects. Yet you think you can actually find out more about it by having someone else fiddle with it without you being present? Think about what you're saying here.
Old 22nd September 2008
  #981
Lives for gear
 
84K's Avatar
I just love when I start a thread about a great new product and it turns to sh!t.
Old 22nd September 2008
  #982
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K View Post
I just love when I start a thread about a great new product and it turns to sh!t.
Yep K.dude I feel ya.
Feel like posting here less and less these days
Old 22nd September 2008
  #983
Gear Maniac
 
goatie's Avatar
 

so ... any samples?










hehhehheh
this thread needed some humor
Old 22nd September 2008
  #984
Lives for gear
 
Dirty Halo's Avatar
 

Deja vú ...Haven't you already made this SAME argument, Peacock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
Thank you.

However, if you would like to hear how your mix sounds through my audio chain I would be glad to do this for you. I will load wav into the Radar and mix it through the Neotek and use any gear you would like to hear that I have. Pros do this all the time.
I swear to God you've argued this before in another thread... if it weren't an absolute waste of my time (more than this already is), I'd go find it.

Are you just stirring up crap?

I too feel less and less like posting here... in fact, I have :(

(It's too bad, I've enjoyed this place)


-andrews
Old 23rd September 2008
  #985
Gear Nut
 
LRhodes's Avatar
 

Looks like someone **** the thread!
Old 23rd September 2008
  #986
Gear Head
 
aberwastone's Avatar
 

Anamod FOR SALE

If you anyone is looking for one with the 351 card, there is one on sale already at

Anamod ATS-1 tape simulator - eBay (item 190253952693 end time Sep-29-08 13:06:00 PDT)

Get it cheap, you could win the unit and the card for only $2800.

Good luck!
Old 23rd September 2008
  #987
Lives for gear
 
dbjp's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
No I have done this too many times to count and thats why I have quit. buyers regret is very real with audio gear.
You've got to be on a wind up. You must have been told 20 times by now that there's a money back guarantee.
Old 23rd September 2008
  #988
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 

Maybe this will help:

guarantee definition |Dictionary.com

guar·an·tee /ˌgærənˈti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gar-uhn-tee] noun, verb, -teed, -tee·ing.
–noun
1. a promise or assurance, esp. one in writing, that something is of specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform satisfactorily for a given length of time: a money-back guarantee.

Used in a sentence>>>

I guarantee that Peacock will again ask for someone to mix samples for him, that he will pay them a studio rate, and that he will post he doesn't take chances on large purchases anymore, even when they are 'guaranteed for full satisfaction, or your money back.'


heh
Old 23rd September 2008
  #989
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
No I have done this too many times to count and thats why I have quit. buyers regret is very real with audio gear.
Jesus man.What is so hard to understand:
it has a 10 day full money back trial period
Old 23rd September 2008
  #990
Lives for gear
 
bcgood's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Jesus man.
Well that's what's so hard to understand. He was God and man at the same time. Now try to wrap your brain around that!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump