The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AnaMod : ATS-1 Tape Simulator
Old 28th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K View Post
The amazing thing about this Anamod... it just thickens up your sound. The thing I don't like about the HEDD 192 or his Phoenix plugin, is I hear too much coloration that I do not like. I am very particular. I get the coloration I like out of micpre's, eq's, and compressors. The Anamod does not mess with your sound, it just enriches it. It is like adding harmonic detail to your recording.

I view the plugin version like the Cranesong products; IMO it sounds like you are putting a coat of tinted lacquer on your sound. May be warm, may be louder, tighter, but to my ears, they add a film of smoke over the sound.
I agree what you're saying about the Hedd process and Phoenix, (even more so with the new Digi Tape plugin) although I still prefer using them in small amounts with ITB mixes than not to use them at all. I think that coloration that you're describing is something common to most of not all digital processing. The Hedd 192's strength for me is as a converter box, and on that strength alone I personally think it's worth it to have.
Old 29th November 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K View Post
It makes absolutely everything you run through it sound better. I don't care what it is; it will sound better after going through this box. There are not many other things (if any) I can say that about.
Trident A Range comes to mind...
Old 29th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrow View Post
So you will post unprocessed samples, won't you? The final mix is useless.
did you even read my posts?
Old 29th November 2007
Lives for gear

84K Can you please post some clips?

Just Kidding!!!
Old 29th November 2007
Lives for gear

lol
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

I look forward to the day this product is offered in reasonably priced banks of 8...like AD converters. Normal them to the inputs of your DAW.
Should also come with a scent pack of a freshly opened box of 2". heh
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Anamod is coming! Anamod is coming!

Getting my ANAMOD any day now!!!

Ya know, I'm sitting here with a Studer A80, which is amazing... and I have to say the Anamod (given what it is supposed to do and be) is ight where it should be in terms of price per channel. Think about it. Good value, really

It's always funny what we think of as expensive and then don't think twice about... Barefoot MM27 monitors seem really expensive to a lot of people, but peole who have those are monitoring $30,000 PTHD systems with at least three times that in outboard... or at least their business is owrth that, so the price of Barefoots for quality is relativly low.

Same thing with Anamod!. If this can be my like my Studer A80, think about the value of that amongs the other items in this studio, what it brings to the party, and it's value is right in line.

I can't wait. (I say ll this with optimism and realism tha Ihave not heard it, but I do own a Pendulum 6383... WOW!!! ... so when Greg personally calls me to say it is coming and I'll love it, the man is got credibility. )

-andrews
Old 2nd December 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Should also come with a scent pack of a freshly opened box of 2". heh
Funny ...
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
Getting my ANAMOD any day now!!!
Cool. Maybe chances that you will find some time to post clips will be inversely proportional to the number of your posts in this topic.

It works as far.
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yareck View Post
Cool. Maybe chances that you will find some time to post clips will be inversely proportional to the number of your posts in this topic.

It works as far.
Huh? What is THAT supposed to mean?

There are 10 pages and 277 posts on this topic... out of ALL that, I have only posted 5 times this entire time, FAR less than most everyone here! Don't know if you're just being insulting, rude or ignorant... take your pick, they all come off as rude.

-a

P.S. I also love the arrogant expectation from a lot of the newer people around here that those of us who actually buy and use this gear that we are somehow resposible to post clips and do THEIR own listening work FOR THEM? I contribute, give reviews, share insights on gear and ask questions... I'm not your local G.C. you want tolisten, go listen.... those who DO post clips are doing it as a great luxury for you. Be grateftul!
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

this thing doesnt EXIST! internet BLABLA for half a year and no one heard it till today.

get it, its a fatamorgana!!!!

even the company has no files on their website...

so i tell you what it is:

a naughty promo-trick from FUNK LOGIC!!!

yes, take that all you analog lovin sissys. its the hard truth...

...JUST A FRONT PANNEL!!.. A RACK FILLER!!

heh

and dont DARE! to upload some files or pictures...
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Huh? What is THAT supposed to mean?

There are 10 pages and 277 posts on this topic... out of ALL that, I have only posted 5 times this entire time, FAR less than most everyone here! Don't know if you're just being insulting, rude or ignorant... take your pick, they all come off as rude.

-a

P.S. I also love the arrogant expectation from a lot of the newer people around here that those of us who actually buy and use this gear that we are somehow resposible to post clips and do THEIR own listening work FOR THEM? I contribute, give reviews, share insights on gear and ask questions... I'm not your local G.C. you want tolisten, go listen.... those who DO post clips are doing it as a great luxury for you. Be grateftul!
Just in case you didn't understand:

I thought that your chances to post examples are big, because you have ONLY 5 posts, comparing to other Anamod user who found some time to wrote much more posts but didn't find 10 minutes to make any examples that everyone are waiting for.

But now I see his chances are bigger anyways.

This what you're describing as "arrogant expectation", is rather lack of possibilities for demoing the unit in smaller countries out of US where there are no distributors, or even if they are they are not willing to bring units for demoing because they have completely no guarantee to sell it later.

Another thing is just a curiosity.

I actually post A LOT of clips from the units I'm receiving, because I understand those facts you don't understand.

But I don't blame you....
Old 2nd December 2007
Quote:
thumbsup thumbsup
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Ok, can we just get these crazy guys off the orum, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shangoe View Post
this thing doesnt EXIST! internet BLABLA for half a year and no one heard it till today.

get it, its a fatamorgana!!!!

even the company has no files on their website...

so i tell you what it is:

a naughty promo-trick from FUNK LOGIC!!!

yes, take that all you analog lovin sissys. its the hard truth...

...JUST A FRONT PANNEL!!.. A RACK FILLER!!

heh

and dont DARE! to upload some files or pictures...
What are YOU talking about? Who ARE you people?

It DOES exist... yes we waitied and wanted it for a while, but it IS here.

Did you read 84K posts... or ANY of this thread?

I'm getting tired of posts like this and Ruphus... wait a second, they are both German? Huh...
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just in case you didn't understand:

I thought that your chances to post examples are big, because you have ONLY 5 posts, comparing to other Anamod user who found some time to wrote much more posts but didn't find 10 minutes to make any examples that everyone are waiting for.

But now I see his chances are bigger anyways.

This what you're describing as "arrogant expectation", is rather lack of possibilities for demoing the unit in smaller countries out of US where there are no distributors, or even if they are they are not willing to bring units for demoing because they have completely no guarantee to sell it later.

Another thing is just a curiosity.

I actually post A LOT of clips from the units I'm receiving, because I understand those facts you don't understand.

Then you should have just asked politly to post samples and explained why it would be much appreciated by you (being in another country).

Yet like Halo I thought you came off as rude and expecting of him to post samples or shut up or post more if he's not gonna post samples tutt
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Yet like Halo I thought you came off as rude and expecting of him to post samples or shut up or post more if he's not gonna post samples tutt
Really?
It was a joke... I was laughing rather than trying to be arogant... maybe at least little ironical.
I'm sorry if you guys did understand it in a different way.
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really?
It was a joke... I was laughing rather than trying to be arogant... maybe at least little ironical.
I'm sorry if you guys did understand it in different way.

Quote:

Hmmm....I guess something must be lost in translation....I'll try not to blame you either....
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Hmmm....I guess something must be lost in translation....I'll try not to blame you either....
Why not.... if you think so...everything is possible... I've never said my english is perfect.... as well as my sense of humour heh

We're probably "incompatible".
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

See!! The Anamod truly helps to bring things together and warm them up
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow! I wonder if it would be a good substitute for marriage counseling.
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod View Post
Wow! I wonder if it would be a good substitute for marriage counseling.
That's a good question Especially after few years of marriage.

I need Anamod probably.
Old 2nd December 2007
Quote:
lol! ... that's 2!

I bet if you buy one, you can get in a fight with your wife about it
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I look forward to the day this product is offered in reasonably priced banks of 8...like AD converters.
Did someone mention Anamod in 500 series format at 500$/ch (with stripped down controls, but main sonical characteristics still there).
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
Did someone mention Anamod in 500 series format at 500$/ch (with stripped down controls, but main sonical characteristics still there).
That would be tough. Doesn't it use an analog computer? How would that fit?
Old 2nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
What are YOU talking about? Who ARE you people?

It DOES exist... yes we waitied and wanted it for a while, but it IS here.

Did you read 84K posts... or ANY of this thread?

I'm getting tired of posts like this and Ruphus... wait a second, they are both German? Huh...

dear dirty halo, my fellow....

i always thought there must be some sense for humor in L.A. ...

...and yes we are germans and we usualy must have swastikas on our DAWs.
..did you know that analog is strictly forbidden in gearmany? its DAW Vaterland.

only a very few fearles people dare to use the internet to check THIS thread every day and hope they will find some soundfiles of the anamod that will justify to order this f****in thing!

Old 3rd December 2007
Lives for gear

Why can't gear companies just post audio examples. Seems to me like this would be PARAMOUNT to their success... especially with a product like this. If I heard some before and after samples that really truly sounded like tape, I'd have my credit card out. Hey Anamod....... DUH! Just makes good biz sense to market in the best possible way and demonstrate your product so easily. Why go to all the effort of going to AES or whatever and paying for a booth and then forgo the easiest, least expensive marketing method. duh. Some gear is difficult to demonstrate with audio samples. This one isn't.

It would sure make for less bickering in this thread.
Old 3rd December 2007
Lives for gear

Why would you trust a company to post samples of their product vs. x?

It's like buying a car based on car commercials.

(exaggerated to make a point)

I would be the first to suspect samples (done under conditions favorable to their product).

I guess you are more trusting than I.
Old 3rd December 2007
Gear Guru

All's i know is if this thing sounds right,first thing to go is this noisy washing machine size M79!
I need the room!
Old 3rd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
Why can't gear companies just post audio examples. Seems to me like this would be PARAMOUNT to their success...
Or defeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
especially with a product like this. If I heard some before and after samples that really truly sounded like tape, I'd have my credit card out.
Waiting and thinking vs. reading ultra-positive reviews should make you buy this thing anyway...

...and in case it doesn't sound like a tape you will have to convince yourself later that it really sounds like a tape heh
(because you've spent so much cash to not think like that)

....and write another great review.
Old 3rd December 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
All's i know is if this thing sounds right,first thing to go is this noisy washing machine size M79!
I need the room!
if they nailed it i'd be very happy as my place is also small. no space for a 2 track, let alone a 2 track and an A800. but buying 4 or more of these things could end up being more expensive than the real thing, unless you bought one and took the time to recut all the tracks after each session...

at any rate i do hope they nailed it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search