The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Finally, console is in!
Old 19th January 2007
NOT A PROBLEM

I have been producing for years and my mailman doesnt know any of the records I have made, no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadumr View Post
Sorry David - the link is in your profile. I hope you didn't mind me spilling the beans!!
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

my god.. what is the mixer with the tall vu's in the background shots of the studio? It looks like god himself built it

ERic
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomixer View Post
I have been producing for years and my mailman doesnt know any of the records I have made, no worries.

That's f'n crazy, I didn't know that was you. I was just talking about you with band last night...
Old 19th January 2007
well

Thats the 8088 at Water music, built by God on the 7th day. The shot is super-imposed, either that or stop the bad drugs.
imagine VU'S that big!!!!!! cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsinvelvet View Post
my god.. what is the mixer with the tall vu's in the background shots of the studio? It looks like god himself built it

ERic
Old 19th January 2007
David,

Looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. One question I had; it says G+ but doesn't have the DK meter. Early G+? Desk Doctor custom? Just gearslutz curiosity.
Old 19th January 2007
Heinz 57

The console is a G with a G+ computer. It was originally delivered to Right Track when it was new in 1991 in New York.
They upgraded the computer to a G+ and I guess Right Track were able to get a sticker. The console is TR and has Ultimation and sounds like it should. SLAMMING HARD!! Bruce the Desk Dr. did a lot of mods including the interface and the computer. We still have a lot of work to do on some of the faders and it needs some more mods, but it sounds like a G with E to me. I have been working on the J for the last 5 years everyday, It does not compare to this console for Rock music in the head room dept. You can push this console a lot harder and the EQ to me is a lot less "round" and has a more musical sound.
I miss the automated sends and I miss the ease of the location positioning, But I dont miss that squishy boomy sound at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfrigo View Post
David,

Looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. One question I had; it says G+ but doesn't have the DK meter. Early G+? Desk Doctor custom? Just gearslutz curiosity.
Old 19th January 2007
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomixer View Post
I have been working on the J for the last 5 years everyday, It does not compare to this console for Rock music in the head room dept. You can push this console a lot harder and the EQ to me is a lot less "round" and has a more musical sound.
I miss the automated sends and I miss the ease of the location positioning, But I dont miss that squishy boomy sound at all.
And my thoughts exactly.thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search