The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
microphone repairs in europe? Dynamic Microphones
Old 13th October 2015
Gear Head
microphone repairs in europe?

Hi,
A few years in to touring and I find myself owning a handful of microphones that are not working. Nothing too fancy but still hurts seeing them all in my drawer unusable.

To be more specific:
- sennheiser e935
- sennheiser M421
- audio technica atm650
- beyer dynamic m201
- beyer dynamic TG52D
- Heil Sound PR48
- Audix OM7

As you can see, all these microphones are from different companies making it a bit more complicated if i choose to send them to the companies official repair centers. Shipping/labor would come out expensive if i choose to ship each mic to a different technician representing each company since each mic would get charged the minimum labor fee (30-50 euros) regardless of wether it takes 5 minutes or 5 hours.

Is there no one I can just send all these mics to? I live in Greece, so the closer the better.
Old 14th October 2015
Gear Guru

Personally I always send a mic. back to the manufacturer, as only then can you be really sure it's back up to spec.

The Sennheiser e935 is probably unrepairable economicaly as they are made automatically. I think the basket is easily replaceable, but if it needs a new capsule the repair would probably be more than a new mic.

BUT - contact Sennheiser as they may have a special price for a "repair replacement" - ie: sell you a new one at a special price in return for the old one.

The MD 421 should be repairable, no problem.

The beyerdynamidcs I would send back to the M/F and the Heil as well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search