The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
History of Valley People (Dyna-mite, Kepex, Gain Brain) Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 25th September 2015
Here for the gear
History of Valley People (Dyna-mite, Kepex, Gain Brain)

Hey everyone,

Here's part 2 of my History of Allison Research and Valley People, complete with PDF downloads, pictures, and a little video demo

Hope you like it....

The History of Valley People

Feedback welcome!

Nick

One Flight Up | Recording Studios Sydney
Old 26th September 2015
Lives for gear

AWESOME!!! need more cool stuff like this around here! One of the best processors of all time on drums. Simply "dynamite"!!
Old 28th September 2015
Gear Addict

Interesting stuff. Thank you.
Old 28th September 2015
Lives for gear

Even now....l boom I remember Alison 64K Automation options, that and Massenburg, and Necam etc. in those late seventies early eighties Good VCA automation was just becoming realistic for near most 16-24 buss consoles! Ok.... Let's get into Alison research and their first VCA!
Old 28th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneflightup View Post
Hey everyone,

Here's part 2 of my History of Allison Research and Valley People, complete with PDF downloads, pictures, and a little video demo

Hope you like it....

The History of Valley People

Feedback welcome!

Nick

One Flight Up | Recording Studios
I was under the impression that Valley People, on the 90's had some incarnation with the people from Rank Arena and stuff got very involved and complex to a point where certain owners and stake holders were bought out and some stuff changed, new VCA's were streaking ahead and DBX, Allison, and 6 other companies were perfecting those IC's maybe you need to check out DB magazine and the incarnation prior to Sound On Sound in the UK.

These 2 were both hugely influential and must read tech biblical type testing and Data for Enginners, back then they were testing everything and found the third harmonic in UREI 1178's at 15kHz which gave the original 1176's their sound.... People jumped on 1176's as must haves like DBX 160's and 165's, Kepax Chatter used to drive me NUTS until MKII came out and in the 90's you could not give them away etc. great idea and good on you for getting traffic, though I think there is more of the story that's been missed? Might be wrong? Great stuff though!
Thank you!
Old 28th September 2015
Interesting article. Im curious, what came first, The TA-101 VCA or the EGC-101 VCA The EGC isnt mentioned at all in the article and is the one I am most familiar with. I still have an Allison Research 64k programmer box that wrote automation for my Harrison console back in the day.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search