The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can you hear a hum from your Mytek converter or Adam a7s?? Studio Monitors
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Head

Can you hear a hum from your Mytek converter or Adam a7s??

I've recently upgraded my PC and it is now as silent as I can get it. The problem is I can now hear a hum coming from my Mytek Stereo 96 DAC.

I either never noticed it before or something has happened to the unit.

Interestingly I can also hear a hum from my Adam A7s, similar tone and volume. The hum isn't loud, you have to put your ear close to each unit to hear it properley but it can be heard enough from my mix position.

This hum can be heard constantly, when plugged into different outlets and with or without an input connected. It doesn't get louder when the volume is changed.

Any reasons for this or suggested fixes would be great as this is driving me nuts
Old 11th October 2015
Gear Addict

I use Mytek Stereo 192DSD and Stereo96 DAs and have no issues. My room is very quiet. I would suspect the amp for the speakers first. also the cable feeds to the speakers.
Old 11th October 2015
Different speakers/converters, but I use a medical grade isolation transformer to solve a similar issue. My previous actives did not require it.
Old 11th October 2015
Gear Addict
my mytek 8/192 is noisy eversince i bought it. its a high pitched sound. never really thought about this being normal or not tbh
Old 11th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. harrison View Post
my mytek 8/192 is noisy eversince i bought it. its a high pitched sound. never really thought about this being normal or not tbh
Why don't send it back? My Mytek 8x192 is dead silent.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search