The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fair price for a U67? Stuff to know Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 20th September 2015
Here for the gear

Fair price for a U67? Stuff to know

Hey Slutz,

Does anyone know the going rate for the U67? The range from good deal to the high end? This would be for an unmodded mic in typical good condition.

Are there any things to put in consideration that would change the value of these mics, such as serial # range, or if the capsule was replaced with another Neaumann, or the accessories it comes with (besides the psu).

Thanks!
Old 21st September 2015
Gear Maniac

The only thing I'll contribute is be sure to test the capsule. I have a pair of U67s that are very early serial number units that have been in the family since about 1962 or 1963. That said they were kept in very nice storage conditions by my father, and when I started using them in the early 90s they didn't sound healthy. They failed the breath test and the fix was to have the capsules reskinned by a talented Neumann mic restorer, and then they sounded great and still do. Point is, this is at least one case where the capsules needed work even by the time they were not even 30 years old.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search