The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Isoacoustic iso-l8r - series Studio Monitors
Old 18th September 2015
Gear Head
Isoacoustic iso-l8r - series

Did I post this in the right forum?

Im gonna buy heavy-ass monitors (45kg), and I need to tilt them slightly (down).

Thats why I have looked at Isoacoustic Iso-l8r series.

Their biggest stand (430) can handle up to 1000 pounds. Thats almost exactly 45kg (it would feel much safer if I had some margins). So my next question - can I tilt it with that much weight? what stops the monitor from falling off? Will they break? I really concern about the monitors of course.

I´v seen that Iso-acoustic has a modular system, than you can build larger stands, but I have not seen if custom stand can handle more weight.

what other alternatives is there?

anyone?
Old 18th September 2015
Gear Head

Did you mean 100 or 1000 pounds?

What you could do is put two of the isolation thingies under each monitor (heavy weight usually means big footprint, so that might work), so you half the weight per support.
Old 18th September 2015
Yes, you mean 100 lb for the 430. Which is 45,3 kg. My guess is that they state the weight with quite a bit of tolerance. I would be cool with that figure if it's just a speaker standing still and not some live gig thing with drunken ravers all around. Otherwise, just double up as suggested above.
Old 19th September 2015
Lives for gear
Email them - Dave Morrison (the inventor and owner) is really nice and SUPER helpful. I met him @ AES and have emailed him a bunch about various setups. He'll help you figure out exactly what you need
Old 21st February 2018
Gear Nut

I need some help please. Its better go to the l8r200 for rokit 6 and HS8 or l8r155 is enough for them? PS: my desk is close to the wall, for that reason should i get auralex foam or the l8r is just other level? Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidestrelinha View Post
I need some help please. Its better go to the l8r200 for rokit 6 and HS8 or l8r155 is enough for them? PS: my desk is close to the wall, for that reason should i get auralex foam or the l8r is just other level? Thanks
I use the ISO-L8R200 set for my HS8's. The 155 pair will definitely be on the small side and you run the risk of your monitors falling off.
Old 23rd February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene B View Post
I use the ISO-L8R200 set for my HS8's. The 155 pair will definitely be on the small side and you run the risk of your monitors falling off.
Really do a big difference? I dont know if i should buy ISO or just foam isolations for my home studio..
Old 26th February 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidestrelinha View Post
Really do a big difference? I dont know if i should buy ISO or just foam isolations for my home studio..
I haven't tried foam isolators so I couldn't give you a comparison, but in my (crappy) room the ISO-L8R's made a fairly significant difference.
Old 26th February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene B View Post
I haven't tried foam isolators so I couldn't give you a comparison, but in my (crappy) room the ISO-L8R's made a fairly significant difference.
Ok, thank you
Old 27th February 2018
Gear Nut

Hi, my room has 5m lenght x 2.5 widht x 2,20 height (12,5m²). I have DIY acoustic pannels and bass traps too. My monitors are on isoacoustics stands and 25/30cm of the wall and Im sitting 80cm from them. I cant do better because my desk is against the wall but i think its enough.

Whats the best for me? A 6.5"woffer or a 8"woofer? I need a balanced/flat/detailed sound , I produce EDM so the low end is important too
My room has 12,5m² and i want do the right choice.
What about Eve audio SC7/SC8? Krk V6S4/V8S4? Any other suggestions? Actually i have a pair of Krk rockit 6.
Thanks,

David
Old 2nd March 2018
Lives for gear

Isoacoustics are just awesome. I`ve had a couple sets for a 3-4 years now. Once you put your speakers on them, you won`t want to take them off. It`s just an amazing difference compared to the Auralex pads(all but useless). These are totally worth the investment. I`ve used 4 different brand monitors and it makes them sound WAY better than some should. The only thing touching each surface is maybe 1.5-2mm thick concave ring, plus there is a lot of vibration dampening in the joints. Just 1 suggestion- use the low pieces and angle your monitors up toward you. There are several "height/angle adjustment rails" that when put high could become unstable. Yes I have heavy monitors on them too.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search