The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mk rocks 2 a small bit of noise ? Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 17th September 2015
Mk rocks 2 a small bit of noise ?

To all who have the rocks. Does your rock make a static noise both of them when turned on? And if you turn your controller loud still hear static thanks
Old 17th September 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
To all who have the rocks. Does your rock make a static noise both of them when turned on? And if you turn your controller loud still hear static thanks
Hi there,

This is Paul from Unity Audio, I'd like to assist you with your enquiry, can you be more specific with your issue, is it a noise when you power up the monitors only or is it a white noise background type? Also is it something that has only just happened or have they been like it from new?

For the record Rocks do make a slight thump when you power them up, however, you shouldn't be able to hear any background noise / hiss from them from a comfortable mix / mastering position, think equilateral triangle positioning.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

I'll do everything I can to help you.

Regards,

Paul
Head of Sales and Marketing
Unity Audio Ltd
Old 17th September 2015
From new they make a noise powering up. But then if i put my ear to it i hear some noise. Also the demo pair did the same thing
Old 18th September 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
From new they make a noise powering up. But then if i put my ear to it i hear some noise. Also the demo pair did the same thing
Hi there,

From your description it sounds to me like they are perfectly normal, as per my message above they do have a slight thump on power up and will if you place your ear on them exhibit a slight low level hiss, this should be well within tolerance for an active nearfield monitor. You should not be able to hear any noise from your nearfield mix position.

I hope this helps you, if you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

Regards,
Paul
Head of Sales and Marketing
Unity Audio
Old 18th September 2015
Thanks I am sitting pretty close about three feet from them
Old 18th September 2015
Do the pebbles and bam band do this as well?
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search