The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arty pics from the studio Condenser Microphones
Old 15th September 2015
Arty pics from the studio

Many were just happy accidents but I do seem to have a knack for arty studio photos. These are a few I've taken recently on my iPhone. I'll upload more later. Let's see yours too!
Attached Thumbnails
Arty pics from the studio-image_3758_0.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-image_1838_1.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-image_8027_0.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-image_2306_1.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-image_2219_0.jpg  

Old 15th September 2015
Village Idiot

Hipstergram-gear.

Gustav
Attached Thumbnails
Arty pics from the studio-11209525_678587185609832_2535664144400845973_n.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-11855852_662545303880687_3136554157818762475_n.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-11952710_676492589152625_6133898813699429502_o.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-12002894_677218415746709_4124197391841052813_n.jpg   Arty pics from the studio-12006284_676568682478349_746058201355338837_n-6.jpg  

Old 15th September 2015
Gear Guru

Drinks on the console!?!?!?!?!? For Shame!

Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

.....and Costa too!
There's nothin 'arty' about Costa - it's coffee made by spotty 16 year old kids who never tasted coffee in their life - owned by guys who pay 4 x the asking rent to force their way into hip/'arty' neighbourhoods - thereby pushing up rents - thereby making it impossible for the very artists (who made the neighbourhood hip to begin with!) to afford to live/work there anymore.
Sorry for the rant....like I care! I live in Croydon!
Nice pics - especially like the Gutz, Gus!
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Head
Those 110s trev. So nice.

Do they go down a little lower when soffit mounted?

Gorgeous!!
Old 15th September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Drinks on the console!?!?!?!?!? For Shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
.....and Costa too!
There's nothin 'arty' about Costa - it's coffee made by spotty 16 year old kids who never tasted coffee in their life - owned by guys who pay 4 x the asking rent to force their way into hip/'arty' neighbourhoods - thereby pushing up rents - thereby making it impossible for the very artists (who made the neighbourhood hip to begin with!) to afford to live/work there anymore.
Lol. You guys are hilarious. That is entirely the point! Cheap coffee/dangerous position/expensive console. Keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbindon View Post
Those 110s trev. So nice.

Do they go down a little lower when soffit mounted?

Gorgeous!!
Thanks man. These are actually custom built by ATC to Northward specs: they have the same slope as the front wall of the control room.

Yes they do go lower when soffit mounted (and you can actually hear how low when your room is designed by Northward Acoustics... A stunning combination!)
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Some U48 and Rickenbacker fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Arty pics from the studio-untitled-3306.jpg  
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Head
Awesome! I am planning on designing a new studio in the coming months....the 110s look really great!

I get the impression that ATCs specs are pretty conservative in terms of frequency response - especially when the room is properly designed.

Really looks great - your designers did a great job!
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear

Vocal booth...
Attached Thumbnails
Arty pics from the studio-bigmic4blue2.jpg  
Old 16th September 2015
The one trait everyone shares is a feeling they have a knack for artsy photos. Universal.
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
.....and Costa too!
Coffee [email protected] alert

I've seen hipster coffee shops shutting down Costa's in certain hoods around the
Globe.. The rents are pushed up by stockbrokers who own blocks..

That coffee on the API though.. makes me nervous..
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear

Yeah.....I am a bit. :/
Sorry.
...but in my 'hood - it was Costa who offered 4 x the rent on a little art gallery when the lease came up for renewal. The other local land-lords watched on & thought "Cha-Ching!". There's a knock on effect & I know it's just the way of the world. Look at Manhattan & Brooklyn....similar thing.
Anyway....sorry about the lame thread-Jack.
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear

I have no idea how "arty" this is - but it's a shot of my dynamic mic locker under the desk/console. Made from old stackable metal office cabinets, painted and lined with a little foam.
Attached Thumbnails
Arty pics from the studio-image_123_0.jpg  
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear

Don't know if it is "arty" but I like this one.

....and this one.

Last edited by Crash; 16th September 2015 at 04:55 PM..
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search