The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tube-Tech CL 1B - who has it, who loves it? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 18th September 2015
Lives for gear

It's the best sounding vocal tracking compressor I'v had so far. With the right settings it's very clear and even sounding. Not letting this one go!

Last edited by chrisdee; 18th September 2015 at 02:12 PM..
Old 18th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschizoid View Post
I actually came across a good demo of the TG-1 (a guy who calls himself Dr Mix) which makes evident that the TG-1 does indeed rock, but he also has a video showing of the Shadow hills Mastering compressor....

I swear I am not trolling by the way, I am in a weird position because i haven't bought any new gear in ages (and thought I wouldn't ever again), but as a result of a somewhat difficult and disturbing turn of events, I now have the freedom to spend some money. I probably shouldn't do it, but I am likely going to anyway. Funny how we deal with our emotions.

I have 16 channels outboard EQ by Aurora Audio, hence my conclusion that new and different flavors of compression are where my rig could grow and better facilitate creativity.
Yeah man the TG1 is great. I am never selling it. And honestly, i even prefer it over the Zener. While the Zener has more control, which is great, i find that the TG1 has a nicer sound and vibe to it. Its super colorful.

Thats amazing you have 16 channels of Aurora. I actually prefer Aurora over BAE gear. I think its amazing. I had a GTQ2 for a long time and got rid of it only when i got vintage Neves, which are the only thing i prefer over the Aurora.

Speaking of Shadow Hills, i just bought a Dual Vandergraph an hour ago. I got to demo it last night and think it sounds amazing. Its thick and rounds of nasty top end nicely. Very nice low end and again, just thick. I will be using it on drums and maybe bass. Badass compressor.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search