The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2 Bus EQ: Chandler Curve Bender or Better Maker 232P MKII
Old 8th September 2015
Lives for gear

2 Bus EQ: Chandler Curve Bender or Better Maker 232P MKII

2 Bus EQ: Chandler Curve Bender or Better Maker 232P MKII??

I know are different,
I wonder if anybody here have or tried well the two.

I heard the Bettermaker 232pMKII and sounds nice.

I am very curious about the Chandler Curve Bender as many mixes that I like use it as well.

I am looking for weight, tightness and a a bit of vibe/color.
The 232p MKII have a sound as well.

Any comments?

Thanks!
Old 8th September 2015
Lives for gear

Have not used the bettmaker, but chose the curve bender here. It can certainly do what you are describing. I think it sounds phenomenal.
Old 8th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Have not used the bettmaker, but chose the curve bender here. It can certainly do what you are describing. I think it sounds phenomenal.
Hi @ Squawk did u compared it or prefered to any other Eqs for your 2bus?
Old 8th September 2015
Lives for gear
Compare the Chandler to the Avalons and let me know what you think. I know it's like comparing oranges and apples, but which would you get first?
Old 9th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
Hi @ Squawk did u compared it or prefered to any other Eqs for your 2bus?
I have an AD2055 here which I have not integrated yet, so I can't really comment on Avalon vs Chandler. I also have 2 Hammer EQ's which I love. Once has been on 2 bus, the other for channel inserts.

The Curve Bender is great on so many sources though. For me, it's not only 2 bus, but individual channel eq for tracking, as well as a mastering EQ. What it can do to a source is quite remarkable.

The Curve Bender is incredibly surgical if you want it to be. Something like the Hammer is a much more broad strokes sweetener. It really just depends on what you want/need.
Old 9th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have an AD2055 here which I have not integrated yet, so I can't really comment on Avalon vs Chandler. I also have 2 Hammer EQ's which I love. Once has been on 2 bus, the other for channel inserts.

The Curve Bender is great on so many sources though. For me, it's not only 2 bus, but individual channel eq for tracking, as well as a mastering EQ. What it can do to a source is quite remarkable.

The Curve Bender is incredibly surgical if you want it to be. Something like the Hammer is a much more broad strokes sweetener. It really just depends on what you want/need.
Thanks @ Squawk .

I have the Hammer which I love, I used it on the 2bus and can not complain.
Now I use the Dangerous Bax EQ which is great.. and sometimes still use the Hammer...depends of what I want.

How can you compare the Hammer vs the Curve Bender for the 2 Bus, of course more in broad strokes... i am talking more about tone, texture, the low end tightness etc
Old 9th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
Thanks @ Squawk .

I have the Hammer which I love, I used it on the 2bus and can not complain.
Now I use the Dangerous Bax EQ which is great.. and sometimes still use the Hammer...depends of what I want.

How can you compare the Hammer vs the Curve Bender for the 2 Bus, of course more in broad strokes... i am talking more about tone, texture, the low end tightness etc

Hi zak7,

Well, I like the hammer's high band to add a bit of 10 or 15k to add some air and open things up a bit, maybe 2db or so max. Occassionally I'll use the mid band a bit as well if I'm trying to gently sculpt the mids overall, but nothing too extreme.

The Curve Bender is a more recent purhase for me as well, so bear that in mind. I'm still getting to know it, but it's a completely different tool. Obviously very suited to mastering as well, huge versatility. Capable of more extreme transformation and enhancement of a source or mix across the spectrum, whereas the Hammer is a more of a gentle sweetener, especially for the top end.

Different tools, different price points. Both are awesome, but if I was buying only one or the other, it would be the Curve Bender. It really just depends on budget, and what you want to achive as well. If you don't need everything the Curve Bender offers and just need something for 2 bus, then maybe Hammer and the BAX is perfectly suitable for your needs?

In terms of low end tightness, that's not the Hammer's strong point, so the Curve Bender is much more suitable for low end adjustments.
Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi zak7,

Well, I like the hammer's high band to add a bit of 10 or 15k to add some air and open things up a bit, maybe 2db or so max. Occassionally I'll use the mid band a bit as well if I'm trying to gently sculpt the mids overall, but nothing too extreme.

The Curve Bender is a more recent purhase for me as well, so bear that in mind. I'm still getting to know it, but it's a completely different tool. Obviously very suited to mastering as well, huge versatility. Capable of more extreme transformation and enhancement of a source or mix across the spectrum, whereas the Hammer is a more of a gentle sweetener, especially for the top end.

Different tools, different price points. Both are awesome, but if I was buying only one or the other, it would be the Curve Bender. It really just depends on budget, and what you want to achive as well. If you don't need everything the Curve Bender offers and just need something for 2 bus, then maybe Hammer and the BAX is perfectly suitable for your needs?

In terms of low end tightness, that's not the Hammer's strong point, so the Curve Bender is much more suitable for low end adjustments.
Also... the Curve Bender has both .5 db and roughly 1.5db steps for cut and boost at the flip of the 1x / 1.5x multiply switch. .5 db steps for mastering or bus duties = 1x mode. You can do some serious carving in 1.5x mode.

Another great feature is being able to bypass individual bands and or toggle bypass a band without moving the frequency selector for the specific band.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search