The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lexicon 480L still ruling as the best digital Reverb sound
Old 1st October 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
that test is a nosense though...as parameters wasn´t equally adjusted despite the differences of the units...
Yet Rachel got it correctly. You got it wrong, as usual. It's very clear now that you can't really distinguish between hardware and software and are full of hot air. You mine as well be using plugins.
Old 1st October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Ebitsch View Post
Hardware vs. Software ends in GS always like in the circus.

Extreme strange but anyway funny.

R.

a wise man...
Old 1st October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Yet Rachel got it correctly. You got it wrong, as usual. It's very clear not you can't really distinguish between hardware and software and are full of hot air.

you should read about what the member saaid about its post...the test wasn´t done properly. as you see i did participated in a blind test

we are waiting for you to distinguish between the Relab vs the aVerb..

Last edited by Midas; 1st October 2015 at 12:25 AM..
Old 1st October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
3. Rachel is correct. First goes dry sound, then LX480 Large Hall and then Bricasti Large Hall, ver.1
But dead sure, the hardware sounds miles better !!!

My humble opinion...

R.
Old 1st October 2015
Gear Maniac

The unusual thing here is it is the people who are getting the blind tests correct that are admitting the relab plugin is excellent. You would think that a person who guesses wrong in a blind test would normally want to defend their own failure by saying they sounded close, but here we have the opposite happening. Make of that what you wish.
@ Midas , first you wrongly guessed in a previous blind test that the Relab 480LX Plugin was the Lexicon 480L Hardware Unit, and now you have wrongly guessed that the 480LX Plugin is the Bricasti M7 Hardware Unit. If I was you I would just call it quits and admit that the plugin is a very good reverb. As good as the hardware? Probably not quite, but who really cares?
Old 1st October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
that test is a nosense though...as parameters wasn´t equally adjusted despite the differences of the units...
Fun, fun, fun..

Well, there was the same RT 2.20 for both reverbs. If you checked the Hofa picture you'd see that there is a difference in frequency response but levels are as close as I could make them. - 23 LUFS, matched. Just for the record - parameters of these reverbs ARE different, no way I can match them. What I tried to show is they both sounds great and looks like LX480 was more analog for you then Bricasti, and you are correct.

Still if you want you can match LX480 and 480L as Warp said.

Your Orange to Orange test. First can be LX, if you have it. For me RT is different, though. Tails fadeouts are different, too.
Old 1st October 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
you shoudl read about what the member saaid about its post...the test wasn´t done properly. as you see i did participated in a blind test

we are waiting for you to distinguish between the Relab vs the aVerb..
Stop deflecting and making this about me. You have already proven you can't distinguish between hardware or software despite your claims. And on top of that your can't even hear phase problems on something you thought sounded awesome, and have since deleted those clips to your embarrassment. It's no wonder no one is now taking you seriously.

Run along now, I will no longer respond to you.
Old 1st October 2015
I'm going to take an executive decision and close this thread now - I think the point has been made.

Apologies if anyone thinks I'm abusing power or something like that - I've tried to keep my personal opinion out of things, and make mod decisions independently. But we're at the point where it's starting to descend into namecalling - best to leave it there before anyone crosses the line significantly.

Can I say thanks to Sean and warp for participating, and for their excellent products - vintage verb is a personal fave, and I'm keen to check out the relab as well in the future.

As well as all those who took the time to prepare samples and examples.
Closed