The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lexicon 480L still ruling as the best digital Reverb sound
Old 30th September 2015
  #511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Victoria View Post
I strongly think, and in this case hope, you are wrong. I think it goes the other way round 1) Dry 2) Relab Plugin 3) Bricasti.
Also, even if you don't like a certain plugin, it's very disrespectful to jokingly call any high quality plugin a "bug" do you have any idea how many hours it takes to write plugins of this quality?
i think that less hours than has been taken in that thread to proof that The Real Lexicon 480L sounds better than its plugin emulator Relab 480LX..
1
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #512
Gear Maniac
 
Rachel Victoria's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
the take 2 is more wet than the 3rd anyway...so at least wet parameter should be equally adjusted but that is what it sounds to my ears anyway... i think that you were wrong too....as before you also did chose the 2 as the Bricasti...

1- Dry
2- Bricasti
3-Plugin
No, I never said that. Let's just wait to see who is correct.
Old 30th September 2015
  #513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Victoria View Post
This is a pointless exercise. Comparing an Orange with and Orange tells you absolutely nothing about the relationship between an Apple and an Orange.
...This thread is supposed to be about the Lexicon Hardware Reverb?

we can difference and appreciate ( well maybe not everbody) 2 outboards units like a Yamaha spx-90 vs a TC-electronic and clearly hear their difference.... i mean just comparing cheap oranges with expensive oranges...you meant than you can not difference a cheap plugin as the Logic aVerb vs the expensive Relab 480LX and tell us the difference??

so just let us know wich sampler is the Relab and wich one the aVerb....

this is related according what have you been pointing out before...or you are afraid to??
2
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #514
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Now let´s put you on the game....and invite those who talked so great about the quality of the high end plugin called RELAB 480L to compare it with one of the "cheapests" and most simplest plugins that comes with a native logic the one called aVerb

So it will be like Relab 480Lx VS Logic aVerb

here i just uploaded 2 guitar samplers, 30% wet and same reverb time...no changes to presets at all as they sound different anyway .. one of them is the Relab 480LX and the other one is the simplest reverb plugin that comes out with Logic called aVerb....as you should recognize the superiority from your acclaimed Relab Plugin to be as good as the Lexicon 480L...otherwise you better dedicate to play pachisi.. and shut the F**k Up forever

tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac
haha you crack me up man! I don't have anything to prove and I am not claiming anything. I am not claiming the LX480 is better than the hardware 480. How is comparing Relab to Logic reverb to do with anything? All an effort by you to distract that you yourself couldn't tell the difference between the LX480 and hardware 480 clips †hat you guessed wrong earlier in the thread. Take your "samplers" and stick em.

As far was your clips I am not even taking you seriously. I don't even think you own or have LX480. You were probably using a cracked Altiverb earlier in this thread, then when called on it you acted like you had to "find" the LX480 then the supposed "LX480" clips you posted sounded exactly like your Altiverb clips with no modulation. And you probably don't even own a real 480 and have been taking these clips from somewhere else which explains why you don't post settings. That's how little credibility you have displayed in this thread.

Last edited by Animus; 30th September 2015 at 11:45 PM..
3
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #515
Lives for gear
 
comfortablynick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
i think that less hours than has been taken in that thread to proof that The Real Lexicon 480L sounds better than its plugin emulator Relab 480LX..
What proof? Did you post the files that everyone has been asking for and I missed it?

If anything, you are weakening the case for the 480L being superior, because you obviously either (1) don't have one, or (2) are afraid of what a fair comparison will reveal.

Here is the dry file you posted originally...perhaps someone with a 480L at their disposal can post a 100% wet file as well as the exact parameters per Warp69's earlier request? Then we can really see how it compares to the LX480.



Nick
Attached Files

flamenco guitar dry.mp3 (1,001.4 KB, 1025 views)

1
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #516
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

I am starting to think that the person that said this character Midas was some kind of clever troll AI script is right. lol
3
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #517
Lives for gear
 
comfortablynick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
we can difference and appreciate ( well maybe not everbody) 2 outboards units like a Yamaha spx-90 vs a TC-electronic and clearly hear their difference.... i mean just comparing cheap oranges with expensive oranges...you meant than you can not difference a cheap plugin as the Logic aVerb vs the expensive Relab 480LX and tell us the difference??

so just let us know wich sampler is the Relab and wich one the aVerb....

this is related according what have you been pointing out before...or you are afraid to??
Why are you asking someone to prove something they didn't claim? Did anyone say "Relab LX480 and Logic aVerb are indistinguishable?" No. Of course completely different reverbs are likely to sound different. "Expensive" vs "cheap" has very little bearing. They're all just different.

Valhalla Vintage Verb is much cheaper than LX480 or R2, but I may prefer it in some mixes/situations. Who cares about the price? The Lexicon PCM plugins are a lot cheaper than a PCM96, but contain the exact same algorithms and will sound exactly the same if set up properly.

Not to mention this is all to distract from the fact that you can't back up a single one of your claims. YOU were the one saying that all plugins suck, and that the cheapest hardware is better than any plugin.

Nick
1
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
haha you crack me up man! I don't have anything to prove and I am not claiming anything. I am not claiming the LX480 is better than the hardware 480. How is comparing Relab to Logic reverb to do with anything? All an effort by you to distract that you yourself couldn't tell the difference between the LX480 and hardware 480 clips †hat you guessed wrong earlier in the thread. Take your "samplers" and stick em.

so could you just dare to tell us the differences between these 2 takes? or you are so afraid to fall ridiculously...there´s shoulnd´t´t be hesitations about it...
1
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #519
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
so could you just dare to tell us the differences between these 2 takes? or you are so afraid to fall ridiculously...there´s shoulnd´t´t be hesitations about it...

I could care less about you or anything you say at this point. You have proven in this thread you are very dishonest and deceptive so anything coming from you is suspect. Only thing you need to know is that you guessed wrong and picked the plugin 480 over the hardware 480 which proves your thesis totally wrong. I personally would have no problem using Logic reverb, the LX480 or a real 480 so I have nothing to prove to myself or to you.
7
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #520
Lives for gear
 

6
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
haha you crack me up man! I don't have anything to prove and I am not claiming anything. I am not claiming the LX480 is better than the hardware 480. How is comparing Relab to Logic reverb to do with anything? All an effort by you to distract that you yourself couldn't tell the difference between the LX480 and hardware 480 clips †hat you guessed wrong earlier in the thread. Take your "samplers" and stick em.

As far was your clips I am not even taking you seriously. I don't even think you own or have LX480. You were probably using a cracked Altiverb earlier in this thread. And you probably don't even own a real 480 and have been taking these clips from somewhere else which explains why you don't post settings. That's how little credibility you have displayed in this thread.

Your statements make clear the resume of your over 10 years as a member in GS ...pitty that nothing learned in that time
2
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #522
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
You have proven in this thread you are very dishonest and deceptive so anything coming from you is suspect. Only thing you need to know is that you guessed wrong and picked the plugin 480 over the hardware 480 which proves your thesis totally wrong.
Quoted and Bolded for clarity and posterity.....
6
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #523
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Your statements make clear the resume of your over 10 years as a member in GS ...pitty that nothing learned in that time
And I imagine your days here are numbered. Did I mention that you picked the LX480 over the hardware 480 yet?
3
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #524
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Quoted and Bolded for clarity and posterity.....
And know we are waiting for you both to tell us the differences between the Relab 480Lx and the aVerb plugin?? we still waiting...

for shure you are afraid like a moroon to fall into it...
1
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #525
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Your statements make clear the resume of your over 10 years as a member in GS ...pitty that nothing learned in that time
Goodgrief, I inadvertently gave this joker a thumbsup how do I take it back
1
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #526
Gear Addict
 

Hi Midas! Thank you very much for posting your reply and checking my examples out, I really appreciate it. I’m not for drama, so here it is what I did:

1. I used guitar with no processing at all, it is a bare bone recording. I’d use less highs on the final mix but in this case I just wanted to get this spark to excite reverbs.
2. You’re right, these samples are too wet, but it is done on purpose, to present the sound of these reverbs. Your first samples of flamenco guitars were a little bit too wet as well, btw.
3. Rachel is correct. First goes dry sound, then LX480 Large Hall and then Bricasti Large Hall, ver.1

And now I think I found where the problem is. On LX480 I used analog noise as Warp suggested (see picture), but Bricasti is connected via AES, so there is no any analog residual noise (and I doubt there will be any).

I think probably you are so very fond of this AD/DA converter sound which Warp modeled so good that you are just happy when you hear it, even in plugin.

Thanks!

temnov

Last edited by temnov; 30th September 2015 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: grammar
2
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #527
Lives for gear
 
comfortablynick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
And know we are waiting for you both to tell us the differences between the Relab 480Lx and the aVerb plugin?? we still waiting...
What do you mean by "us" and "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
for shure you are afraid like a moroon to fall into it...
Maybe you should start a new thread, and stop trying to distract everyone from your failure to demonstrate your own bold claims. And of course from the fact that you preferred the LX480 plugin to the 480L hardware in a blind comparison.

It seems you think plugins "suck" and the 480L is God's gift to music production...if, of course, you can see which one is playing.

Nick
2
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #528
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
Goodgrief, I inadvertently gave this joker a thumbsup how do I take it back
haha I just assumed it was mixmixmix. Well, just call it charity and pity. :-)
3
Share
Old 30th September 2015
  #529
Lives for gear
 
comfortablynick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
haha I just assumed it was mixmixmix.
Me too...maybe he hadn't gotten to that one yet.

Maybe there's a club for those who fail blind tests after going on and on about how much better hardware is than software...

They have to have each other's back!

Nick
3
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #530
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
This thread will self destruct in three, two, one..


Well, one can dream.
Old 1st October 2015
  #531
Lives for gear
 
GJ999x's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
you guessed wrong and picked the plugin 480 over the hardware 480.
hahaha!!! nice. the troll is strong on this one. i hope midas changes his ways or get banned soon. unsubscribed.
Old 1st October 2015
  #532
Lives for gear
This is most hilarious thread of 2015

Now he is posting totally different reverb clips and asking people to guess something about nothing like we are talking about completely different things all of a sudden.

He think we are all suffering dementia and we forgot what question are waiting for answers.

I am calling this genuine new way of forum trolling.

I mean questions were repeated what? 7 or 8 pages yet he is able to completely ignore them. Literally i never saw person doing it for so long time. Usually when they don't want to give answers they just disappear or change account name. I will remember this thread like forever and when needed will give it as an example of false promises and cheap distracting tactics.

Spot on man.
2
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
haha I just assumed it was mixmixmix. Well, just call it charity and pity. :-)

The big difference is that i did participate in couple of tests...not like you


we still waiting you and Dr bill to tell us the difference between this 2 plugins...

clearly you are afraid as the bone to fall into it...it does says alredy everything from you....just bla,bla,bla and ya esta

you are like a gossip tv host...nothing interesting in your words
2
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #534
Gear Maniac
 
Rachel Victoria's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
Hi Midas! Thank you very much for posting your reply and checking my examples out, I really appreciate it. I’m not for drama, so here it is what I did:

1. I used guitar with no processing at all, it is a bare bone recording. I’d use less highs on the final mix but in this case I just wanted to get this spark to excite reverbs.
2. You’re right, these samples are too wet, but it is done on purpose, to present the sound of these reverbs. Your first samples of flamenco guitars were a little bit too wet as well, btw.
3. Rachel is correct. First goes dry sound, then LX480 Large Hall and then Bricasti Large Hall, ver.1

And now I think I found where the problem is. On LX480 I used analog noise as Warp suggested (see picture), but Bricasti is connected via AES, so there is no any analog residual noise (and I doubt there will be any).

I think probably you are so very fond of this AD/DA converter sound which Warp modeled so good that you are just happy when you hear it, even in plugin.

Thanks!

temnov
Rachel 1 - Midas 0

Edit: I like these blind tests can I have more? lol
3
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Victoria View Post
Rachel 1 - Midas 0

that test is a nosense though...as parameters wasn´t equally adjusted despite the differences of the units...
Old 1st October 2015
  #536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Victoria View Post
Rachel 1 - Midas 0

Edit: I like these blind tests can I have more? lol
i still waiting you for the latest one...

the Relab 480LX vs the Logic aVerb...
1
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #537
Gear Maniac
 
Rachel Victoria's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
that test is a nosense though...as parameters wasn´t equally adjusted despite the differences of the units...
No, the test is really nonsense because you were wrong and I was right.
If you really thought it was nonsense you wouldn't have bothered guessing which was which, and would have said why is was nonsense beforehand.
2
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #538
Hardware vs. Software ends in GS always like in the circus.

Extreme strange but anyway funny.

R.
3
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #539
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
The big difference is that i did participate in couple of tests...not like you


we still waiting you and Dr bill to tell us the difference between this 2 plugins...

clearly you are afraid as the bone to fall into it...it does says alredy everything from you....just bla,bla,bla and ya esta

you are like a gossip tv host...nothing interesting in your words
I've never said LX480 was better than some other reverb plugin now did I? Though you did say the hardware 480 was way better than any plugin reverb and even something like a Bricasti M7. So the onus is on you and you have failed to distinguish the hardware 480 from the plugin earlier in this thread. And any test you do is suspect so I don't even trust you to be honest and fair in anything.
1
Share
Old 1st October 2015
  #540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
haha I just assumed it was mixmixmix. Well, just call it charity and pity. :-)

pity is what we suffer to hold members like you posting nosense comments...better put some post with some valuable information or go back to the sofa to watch tv..

we still waiting for your blind test ..

Last edited by Midas; 1st October 2015 at 12:20 AM..
1
Share
Closed

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 63 views: 21476
Avatar for stephent28
stephent28 8th December 2011
replies: 204 views: 50686
Avatar for Hardtoe
Hardtoe 6th November 2014
replies: 1443 views: 226160
Avatar for neilwilkes
neilwilkes 4th April 2019
replies: 113 views: 30625
Avatar for crystalmsc
crystalmsc 21st September 2020
Topic:
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump