The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Original Neumann tube mic PSU's Condenser Microphones
Old 23rd August 2015
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Wiggy Neve Slut's Avatar
 

Original Neumann tube mic PSU's

Hey there..

Looking for an ORIGINAL Neumann PSU for a U47 and U67.. not an aftermarket one.

Who or which dealers have them and what are they generally worth these days?

This is to complete some mic sets for a collector friend. What should he look for in terms of ensuring that it is an original unit?

Thanks
Wiggy
Old 23rd August 2015
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Vintageidiot's Avatar
Dan Alexander is always a good source for studio pieces. He is in LA now.....
Old 23rd August 2015
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Hey there..

Looking for an ORIGINAL Neumann PSU for a U47 and U67.. not an aftermarket one.

Who or which dealers have them and what are they generally worth these days?

This is to complete some mic sets for a collector friend. What should he look for in terms of ensuring that it is an original unit?

Thanks
Wiggy
You won't find these in the hands of dealers often for sale because dealers are also often trying to complete sets of microphones that may be missing power supplies. Best bet is to check eBay often. Original PSUs for these mics are getting harder to find!
Old 23rd August 2015
  #4
More cowbell!
 
natpub's Avatar
I would email Klaus. I would also focus on Ebay Europe and European specialty dealers.

Last edited by natpub; 23rd August 2015 at 07:40 PM..
Old 23rd August 2015
  #5
Gear Guru
 
John Willett's Avatar
 

Manufacturers do tend to be a bit worried when people only want the PSU as this is a good indication of a stolen microphone.

Often the mic will be stolen from the studio, leaving the PSU behind as the thief doesn't realise it needs a PSU.

A legitamate sale would amost always have the PSU with the mic.
Old 23rd August 2015
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
Manufacturers do tend to be a bit worried when people only want the PSU as this is a good indication of a stolen microphone.

Often the mic will be stolen from the studio, leaving the PSU behind as the thief doesn't realise it needs a PSU.

A legitamate sale would amost always have the PSU with the mic.
There are much too many reasons why vintage microphones may not have an original power supply, and it's not only theft. Many times they are simply lost in transit if they are taken on the road with a particular band and not kept together with the mic. Or they could be lost while someone is moving from one house to another and not keeping track of all the boxes. Or they could have been kept in dingy damp basement for the past 65 years and rusted to the point that they are beyond worth repairing, etc. That being said, I always look for vintage mics with original power supplies, and generally like the sound of original vintage PSUs better.
Old 24th August 2015
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
Manufacturers do tend to be a bit worried when people only want the PSU as this is a good indication of a stolen microphone.

Often the mic will be stolen from the studio, leaving the PSU behind as the thief doesn't realise it needs a PSU.

A legitamate sale would almost always have the PSU with the mic.
SKC- I agree with John here, there are relatively few legit mic's on the market without the PS, yes some fail, as do many cables/connectors, and sometimes in an estate or garage sale they are missing, but they still tend to be sold with them. The most likely case besides theft is when they were 'imported' the ps and cable was too big to bring along. This happened often in the '80s when a lot of mic's came over from the EU/East Germany and even the ps and cables made the customs folks more interested in their value as well. Neumann used to maintain a database of stolen mic's and it was pretty easy to find out if you were looking at buying from a scammer or thief. Not sure if they still do, but by all means I recommend that slutz check first!

If the PS is rusty and dead, the mic isn't much better, and pretty much presents a body and transformer, and most else will require replacement...

A high quality 'modern' replacement supply could actually function better than a vintage one that hasn't been rebuilt. There isn't too much magic in the ps, ie correct heater voltage is heater voltage and plate is plate, well filtered DC is just that, and unless you want sag, ripple, and noise and the like...

I own lot's of Nxxx original Neumann supplies, for all my mic's save two, and there isn't much difference between the old ones and a properly designed modern one. The key word is properly! I'd trust Klaus to make you whatever you need, or any of the best EU pro's as well. The PS I have all have needed to be rebuilt and serviced through the years. The value will suffer with aftermarket ones.

To Wiggy -You are looking for a NU 67 [or NUK] supply for a u67 and a NG for a u47 [or NGK- the 'K designates 'permanent install' or some kind of rack typically in this case, but not for the NKM/NKMu series]. You need to know if you have a 269 or 367 or a u67 as well, as these took different PS and mic connectors and lot's of people put various non stock connectors on the ps as well during a 'repair'.

The NN48, N52, NM, NKM series [and their rack equivalents] are all for AC701k mic's [including the m269 series], and will not work as stock for a u67 or u47...

You must need cables and connectors as well, I'm guessing? Several people make decent replacement cable these days.


Best-
Jonathan

Last edited by [email protected]; 24th August 2015 at 10:49 PM..
Old 24th August 2015
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
SKC- I agree with John here, there are relatively few legit mic's on the market without the PS, yes some fail, as do many cables/connectors, and sometimes in an estate or garage sale they are missing, but they still tend to be sold with them. The most likely case besides theft is when they were 'imported' the ps and cable was too big to bring along. This happened often in the '80s when a lot of mic's came over from the EU/East Germany and even the ps and cables made the customs folks more interested in their value as well. Neumann used to maintain a database of stolen mic's and it was pretty easy to find out if you were looking at buying from a scammer or thief. Not sure if they still do, but by all means I recommend that slutz check first!

If the PS is rusty and dead, the mic isn't much better, and pretty much presents a body and transformer, and most else will require replacement...

A high quality 'modern' replacement supply could actually function better than a vintage one that hasn't been rebuilt. There isn't too much magic in the ps, ie correct heater voltage is heater voltage and plate is plate, well filtered DC is just that, and unless you want sag, ripple, and noise and the like...

I own lot's of Nxxx original Neumann supplies, for all my mic's save two, and there isn't much difference between the old ones and a properly designed modern one. The key word is properly! I'd trust Klaus to make you whatever you need, or any of the best EU pro's as well. The PS have all have needed to be rebuilt and serviced through the years. The value will suffer with aftermarket ones.

To Wiggy -You are looking for a NU 67 [or NUK] supply for a u67 and a NG for a u47 [or NGK- the 'K designates 'permanent install' or some kind of rack typically in this case, but not for the NKM/NKMu series]. You need to know if you have a 269 or 367 or a u67 as well, as these took different PS and mic connectors and lot's of people put various non stock connectors on the ps as well during a 'repair'.

The NN48, N52, NM, NKM series [and their rack equivalents] are all for AC701k mic's [including the m269 series], and will not work as stock for a u67 or u47...

You must need cables and connectors as well, I'm guessing? Several people make decent replacement cable these days.


Best-
Jonathan
I just think that saying there are "few legit mics" that don't come with a PSU is really making a broad generalization. There are plenty of mics sold everyday without a Power supply that weren't stolen at one time.
Old 24th August 2015
  #9
Gear Guru
 
John Willett's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKillerCable View Post
I just think that saying there are "few legit mics" that don't come with a PSU is really making a broad generalization. There are plenty of mics sold everyday without a Power supply that weren't stolen at one time.
Yes, it *is* a broad generalisation.

But I cannot see how "plenty" of microphones can be sold legitamately without the accompanying power supply.

The power supply is an integral part of the microphone - so *why* would anyone sell or buy half a mic?

I can understand a few instances where it could happen, but not very many.

Buying a mic. without a power supply is a strong indication that the mic. was stolen at some time in the past - to me, anyway.
Old 24th August 2015
  #10
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
Yes, it *is* a broad generalisation.

But I cannot see how "plenty" of microphones can be sold legitamately without the accompanying power supply.

The power supply is an integral part of the microphone - so *why* would anyone sell or buy half a mic?

I can understand a few instances where it could happen, but not very many.

Buying a mic. without a power supply is a strong indication that the mic. was stolen at some time in the past - to me, anyway.
Well as I delve deeper into the vintage microphone market, I learn many things. For example, the famed U47 microphone was invented in 1947, and produced up until 1965 with only approximately 5500 units. That's almost 70 years ago. A lot can happen to a microphone and its accompanying accessories over that time period. A LOT. To assume that a large portion that are missing their power supplies is because of theft, is highly speculative given the immense time frame we are dealing with here. I could see you making that argument for a modern microphone that was produced recently. That might have more questions about why it would be missing its power supply, but certainly not a 70-year-old microphone. There are too many reasons I have seen, that are not theft for it not having an original supply. That being said, I almost always prefer the sound of the original power supplies.
Old 24th August 2015
  #11
Lives for gear
 
carloff's Avatar
I must say I always prefer to make new PS by mr.Andreas Grosser.
Old 25th August 2015
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKillerCable View Post
Well as I delve deeper into the vintage microphone market, I learn many things. For example, the famed U47 microphone was invented in 1947, and produced up until 1965 with only approximately 5500 units. That's almost 70 years ago. A lot can happen to a microphone and its accompanying accessories over that time period. A LOT. To assume that a large portion that are missing their power supplies is because of theft, is highly speculative given the immense time frame we are dealing with here. I could see you making that argument for a modern microphone that was produced recently. That might have more questions about why it would be missing its power supply, but certainly not a 70-year-old microphone. There are too many reasons I have seen, that are not theft for it not having an original supply. That being said, I almost always prefer the sound of the original power supplies.
Pardon me, but this seems to be at best a poorly stated argument. Sure, over time, many of the 5500 mics may have needed replacement supplies. It would seem likely that any legitimate user would source a new power supply and carry on using the mic or by selling the mic with a working supply.

This is quite different from mics being sold without power supplies. Old or new, any purchaser that does not proceed with great caution is a fool or worse (IMNSHO) an opportunist.

There ARE exceptions where a mic is being legitimately sold without a power supply, and this is the point. These instances are exceptions.

Proceed at the level of risk your pocket book and conscience can tolerate.
Old 25th August 2015
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
I must say I always prefer to make new PS by mr.Andreas Grosser.
I can understand this if a new supply is required for whatever reason. But are you saying you prefer an Andreas supply to a working within spec original?

If so, may I ask why?
Old 25th August 2015
  #14
Gear Addict
 
nbrecording's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKillerCable View Post
, I almost always prefer the sound of the original power supplies.
Why?
Old 25th August 2015
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Pardon me, but this seems to be at best a poorly stated argument. Sure, over time, many of the 5500 mics may have needed replacement supplies. It would seem likely that any legitimate user would source a new power supply and carry on using the mic or by selling the mic with a working supply.

This is quite different from mics being sold without power supplies. Old or new, any purchaser that does not proceed with great caution is a fool or worse (IMNSHO) an opportunist.

There ARE exceptions where a mic is being legitimately sold without a power supply, and this is the point. These instances are exceptions.

Proceed at the level of risk your pocket book and conscience can tolerate.
I see what you're saying, but I should add that most of these mics that I have seen without power supplies are often coming from estate sales, or yard sale finds, and these people don't know much more than the model number of the microphone when they go to sell it. So while I would agree to advise caution for mics without supplies, there are still much to many reasons that you could find one without a supply.
Old 25th August 2015
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKillerCable View Post
I see what you're saying, but I should add that most of these mics that I have seen without power supplies are often coming from estate sales, or yard sale finds, and these people don't know much more than the model number of the microphone when they go to sell it. So while I would agree to advise caution for mics without supplies, there are still much to many reasons that you could find one without a supply.
But see here you provide a specific example (yard/estate). And an example that NEVER happened frequently, despite internet lore and due to the access to information (internet) happen even less frequently as time goes on.

At great risk of seeming confrontational (I do not intend to be), your statement implies that you've seen many mics from estate/yard sales without supplies. This simply doesn't make much sense to me as some (high?) percentage of the mics at estate/yard sales have had power supplies.

How many high quality mics have you actually seen at estate/yard sales in the last 5 years without power supplies? I realize some bozo on the net/ebay can say that is how they acquired the mic, but trust me, in the vast majority of cases this is not what actually happened. Again, this did/does happen in a few cases. But the exception does not inform the rule.

Please be careful.
Old 25th August 2015
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
But see here you provide a specific example (yard/estate). And an example that NEVER happened frequently, despite internet lore and due to the access to information (internet) happen even less frequently as time goes on.

At great risk of seeming confrontational (I do not intend to be), your statement implies that you've seen many mics from estate/yard sales without supplies. This simply doesn't make much sense to me as some (high?) percentage of the mics at estate/yard sales have had power supplies.

How many high quality mics have you actually seen at estate/yard sales in the last 5 years without power supplies? I realize some bozo on the net/ebay can say that is how they acquired the mic, but trust me, in the vast majority of cases this is not what actually happened. Again, this did/does happen in a few cases. But the exception does not inform the rule.

Please be careful.
Do you watch much TV these days? There's a profession that's become more popular than ever. It used to be called "junking" or "antiquing", but now it is called "Picking" on the show "American Pickers". These are people who spend their days driving around the country looking through other peoples abandoned garages and piles of junk for anything they can resell. But guess what? They find vintage mics and sell them immediately on eBay, as is, often with no PSU. I see this a lot. These are not thieves. They just buy and sell. And they don't care for one second about a power supply, it doesn't even cross their mind.
I hope that explains why I'm usually not skeptical when I see an old mic without a supply on eBay, and the seller's other items are mostly antiques.
Old 25th August 2015
  #18
Lives for gear
 
carloff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
I can understand this if a new supply is required for whatever reason. But are you saying you prefer an Andreas supply to a working within spec original?

If so, may I ask why?
From one basic reason. European voltage used to be in 220V in fifties and sixties now is 230V.It means your expensive tube is overpowered with old power supplies.Even if your vintage PS is properly working.You can make of course changes in your old PS but it means you will put almost all out from inside. Another reasons:connectors and switches are usually in bad condition.(don't talking about caps)Also Andreas' power supplies passed the the last the most extensive EU CE tests for safety of electrical equipment and he has couple of patents inside to had stabilized power to not to hurt your tube mic and also for security of work.
Old 25th August 2015
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKillerCable View Post
Do you watch much TV these days? There's a profession that's become more popular than ever. It used to be called "junking" or "antiquing", but now it is called "Picking" on the show "American Pickers". These are people who spend their days driving around the country looking through other peoples abandoned garages and piles of junk for anything they can resell. But guess what? They find vintage mics and sell them immediately on eBay, as is, often with no PSU. I see this a lot. These are not thieves. They just buy and sell. And they don't care for one second about a power supply, it doesn't even cross their mind.
I hope that explains why I'm usually not skeptical when I see an old mic without a supply on eBay, and the seller's other items are mostly antiques.
I actually have seen this show maybe a dozen times. I've never seen them find/pick a mic that requires a power supply.

I'll go further. The guys on this show actually do care about "working" items and many time will plug in an electrical device to at least see if it powers up; not possible without a power supply. Sometimes they get an expert involved. They are not idiots and understand that if all the parts are available for a particular item it is worth more.

So you have seen them on this show actually find a mic requires a power supply that could be put on ebay, matched with a supply and be working? Which one (mic)? Do you really think a a few instances of honest mic/power supply separation per year means that you or more importantly others should not be wary?

I've now added a few more people to my "be very careful if they ever sell anything" list because you don't know where it came from.

I'll add that there are also still VERY high profile dealers in our industry that will
NOT tell you were older mics came from; as if they don't know. They have all sorts of reasons for this, but I've yet to hear a valid one.
Old 25th August 2015
  #20
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
I actually have seen this show maybe a dozen times. I've never seen them find/pick a mic that requires a power supply.

I'll go further. The guys on this show actually do care about "working" items and many time will plug in an electrical device to at least see if it powers up; not possible without a power supply. Sometimes they get an expert involved. They are not idiots and understand that if all the parts are available for a particular item it is worth more.

So you have seen them on this show actually find a mic requires a power supply that could be put on ebay, matched with a supply and be working? Which one (mic)? Do you really think a a few instances of honest mic/power supply separation per year means that you or more importantly others should not be wary?

I've now added a few more people to my "be very careful if they ever sell anything" list because you don't know where it came from.

I'll add that there are also still VERY high profile dealers in our industry that will
NOT tell you were older mics came from; as if they don't know. They have all sorts of reasons for this, but I've yet to hear a valid one.
Really, I think you are much too worried and skeptical about mics that don't come with supplies. I have seen so many of these "Pickers" types of people selling vintage mics on eBay and they don't find the original power supplies when they find these mics at an old radio station that is closed down for many many years. They are not aware a power supply for it exists until I tell them about it! This has happened to me on eBay. Then I will buy the microphone from them. And then they will go back to the radio station and look for the power supply a month later and then come back to me and sell me the supply as well. These "Pickers" are now everywhere, if they offer you a deal on a vintage U47 that they found in a closed down radio station, I suggest you take it!
Old 25th August 2015
  #21
Lives for gear
 
carloff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
I actually have seen this show maybe a dozen times. I've never seen them find/pick a mic that requires a power supply.

I'll go further. The guys on this show actually do care about "working" items and many time will plug in an electrical device to at least see if it powers up; not possible without a power supply. Sometimes they get an expert involved. They are not idiots and understand that if all the parts are available for a particular item it is worth more.

So you have seen them on this show actually find a mic requires a power supply that could be put on ebay, matched with a supply and be working? Which one (mic)? Do you really think a a few instances of honest mic/power supply separation per year means that you or more importantly others should not be wary?

I've now added a few more people to my "be very careful if they ever sell anything" list because you don't know where it came from.

I'll add that there are also still VERY high profile dealers in our industry that will
NOT tell you were older mics came from; as if they don't know. They have all sorts of reasons for this, but I've yet to hear a valid one.
Our Czech National Broadcast was selling time to time old vintage unused mics for nothing to their employees from their stock.90% was without cables and powersupply which were lost because mics were stored in one place and power supplies in another and power supplies simply were rotten and were put to rubbish. My good friend still Czech broadcast employee -bought two C12 like that- legally without PS and cables .I'm talking about really lots (400-500) of mics - C12 mainly, U67 , C28 etc. After flood in Prague in 2005 they had to destroye and put to rubbish more than 100 U67 because of insurance.I guess many eastern Europe state broadcasts made it like that in 90ies. And I'm not talking about big sales and throwing away of broadcast technique in Yugoslavia former states, where nobody in 95-97- after war was interested and didn't care about vintage mics and simply bought for some funny money or took for free the mic from former national broadcast stations usually without power supply .Which was given to somebody else.Because ordinary people liked how it looks and really did't care if it works and basically they didn't know that it needs power supply at all and tje mic and ps should be together...

Last edited by carloff; 25th August 2015 at 07:18 PM..
Old 25th August 2015
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKillerCable View Post
Really, I think you are much too worried and skeptical about mics that don't come with supplies. I have seen so many of these "Pickers" types of people selling vintage mics on eBay and they don't find the original power supplies when they find these mics at an old radio station that is closed down for many many years. They are not aware of a power supply for it exists until I tell them about it! This has happened to me on eBay. Then I will buy the microphone from them. And then they will go back to the radio station and look for the power supply a month later and then come back to me and sell me the supply as well. These "Pickers" are now everywhere, if they offer you a deal on a vintage U47 that they found in a closed down radio station, I suggest you take it!
The exception does not prove the rule. And I would buy a U47 from a closed radio station if I could verify that. Not going to happen to more than one or two people in the next decade as virtually no radio station uses U47s anymore. And everyone knows what they are due to the internet.

Radio sales of U47s did indeed happen often decades ago, but VERY rarely now. I've conceded several times that exceptions do happen and you continue to imply that this happens often and that there is no reason to be skeptical.

Good luck and welcome to the list.
Old 25th August 2015
  #23
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
Our Czech National Broadcast was selling time to time old vintage unused mics for nothing to their employees from their stock.90% was without cables and powersupply which were lost because mics were stored in one place and power supplies in another and power supplies simply were rotten and were put to rubbish. My good friend still Czech broadcast employee -bought two C12 like that- legally without PS and cables .I'm talking about really lots (400-500) of mics - C12 mainly, U67 , C28 etc. After flood in Prague in 2005 they had to destroyed and put to rubbish more than 100 U67 because of insurance.I guess many eastern Europe state broadcasts made it like that in 90ies. And I'm not talking about big sales and throwing away of broadcast technique in Yugoslavia former states, where nobody in 95-97- after war was interested and didn't care about vintage mics and simply bought for some funny money or took for free the mic from former national broadcast stations usually without power supply .Which was given to somebody else.Because ordinary people liked how it looks and really did't care if it works and basically they didn't know that it needs power supply at all and tje mic and ps should be together...
Very interesting info Carloff, thanks for sharing!
Old 25th August 2015
  #24
Lives for gear
 
carloff's Avatar
My friend bought 2 years ago from closing national radio station in former Yugoslavia 11 U47 fet ( for 1000 eu all together). Also got as a gift another old rubbish( 2x U47 not working really bad condition with some blue colour repaint without ps and cables)-- for free with it
Old 25th August 2015
  #25
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
Our Czech National Broadcast was selling time to time old vintage unused mics for nothing to their employees from their stock.90% was without cables and powersupply which were lost because mics were stored in one place and power supplies in another and power supplies simply were rotten and were put to rubbish. My good friend still Czech broadcast employee -bought two C12 like that- legally without PS and cables .I'm talking about really lots (400-500) of mics - C12 mainly, U67 , C28 etc. After flood in Prague in 2005 they had to destroyed and put to rubbish more than 100 U67 because of insurance.I guess many eastern Europe state broadcasts made it like that in 90ies. And I'm not talking about big sales and throwing away of broadcast technique in Yugoslavia former states, where nobody in 95-97- after war was interested and didn't care about vintage mics and simply bought for some funny money or took for free the mic from former national broadcast stations usually without power supply .Which was given to somebody else.Because ordinary people liked how it looks and really did't care if it works and basically they didn't know that it needs power supply at all and tje mic and ps should be together...
Your most recent date was 10 years ago. Indeed wars do present unique "opportunities". People like you have been searching out these opportunities every since then and putting the mics to use. Again these things have happened and do still from time to time.

That does not make them regular in today's environment. Of course if there were war on the scale of Yugo former states in any of the developed countries and in that war many of us that own these mics lost our lives, or were conscripted for a decade, perhaps the opportunity for separation would present itself all over again.
Old 25th August 2015
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
My friend bought 2 years ago from closing national radio station in former Yugoslavia 11 U47 fet ( for 1000 eu all together). Also got as a gift another old rubbish( 2x U47 not working really bad condition with some blue colour repaint without ps and cables)-- for free with it
"It happens every day; no reason for skepticism or verification".
Old 25th August 2015
  #27
Lives for gear
 
carloff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Your most recent date was 10 years ago. Indeed wars do present unique "opportunities". People like you have been searching out these opportunities every since then and putting the mics to use. Again these things have happened and do still from time to time.

That does not make them regular in today's environment. Of course if there were war on the scale of Yugo former states in any of the developed countries and in that war many of us that own these mics lost our lives, or were conscripted for a decade, perhaps the opportunity for separation would present itself all over again.
As I wrote up above: I know about the same case 2 years ago from one former yugoslavian country. My friend bought the pair of C12 in Czech Broadcast 4 years ago.And finally I bought U47 in Yugo country year ago with another 6 mics / C28, KM54s and many more / all legally from the state organization.All without PS and not working and they were surprised what the crap I want from them..
So basically no PS means nothing...
Old 25th August 2015
  #28
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
As I wrote up above: I know about the same case 2 years ago from one former yugoslavian country. My friend bought the pair of C12 in Czech Broadcast 4 years ago.And finally I bought U47 in Yugo country year ago with another 6 mics / C28, KM54s and many more / all legally from state organization.All without PS and not working and they were surprised what the crap I want from them..
So basically no PS means nothing...
Carloff, I couldn't agree more. Much too many vintage mics out there without power supplies.
Old 23rd July 2017
  #29
Here for the gear
 

I have the opposite situation. I recently acquired an original Neumann Power supply with the cable. (No Mic) Long story short,, I know it is not stolen. The cable is Gotham and it has a new style 3 pin power cord. In addition to the original 6 flat blade connector it has an XLR. It does work. (tested with a U47 that I own that already has a power supply. Considering selling this one. Anyone have an idea of the value? Hamptones go for 619 and I have seen the cable alone selling for 6-700 and 250 just for a connector.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump