The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 55 Console Consoles
Old 1st August 2015
Neve 55 Console

I just was given a Neve 55 BTC console. Half of the 32 channels work well and the other half don't pass audio. I'm looking to see if anyone has extra channels floating around that they would be willing to part with, know of anyone that could work on them, or have channel schematics. The model numbers for channels are 55001 thru 55005 I believe. I'm located outside of Rochester, NY. Thanks a bunch!
Old 1st August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishpunker View Post
I just was given a Neve 55 BTC console. Half of the 32 channels work well and the other half don't pass audio. I'm looking to see if anyone has extra channels floating around that they would be willing to part with, know of anyone that could work on them, or have channel schematics. The model numbers for channels are 55001 thru 55005 I believe. I'm located outside of Rochester, NY. Thanks a bunch!
Why don't you just cut it down to 16ch and sell the remaining strips?

Or, I'd bet most of them will work with a little TLC. Might be worth it to have a tech look them over.
Old 3rd August 2015
Anyone with channel schematics? AMS Neve isn't getting back to me. Surprise.
Old 4th August 2015
Lives for gear

Are the channels that are dead grouped together, say channels 1-16 or channels 17-32? Or are they dead sporadically throughout the board?
Old 4th August 2015
They are spread out randomly. I spoke to Dave Rochester and Ike Zimbel and they recommend a recap at the least but they are needing schematics. I'm going to have one of them come out to work on board in Ocotber/November
Old 17th September 2015
Here for the gear

Sent you a PM ...
Old 19th July 2016
Here for the gear
Do you still have the Neve 55 console?

Steve Wytas
Dirt Floor- Recording & Production
Old 18th December 2016
Just as an update, Dave Rochester worked on the console and it's now 100% functioning. These consoles are super reliable once all the bugs have been worked out of them.
Old 20th December 2016
Gear Addict

nice. wish someone would give me a neve console! how does it sound?
Old 21st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneshowell View Post
nice. wish someone would give me a neve console! how does it sound?
Hi

About 15 years ago plus/minus a year or two, A & M recorders on Le Brea Avenue in Hollywood, dumped a Neve BCM10 console in the trash dumpster outside. It was minus 1073's and 1272's but had full compliment of routing units, faders and monitor section.

An enterprising fellow (not me) rescued it, stuffed it in his car, and after finding an assortment of modules for it, sold it for quite a large sum of money.

Seems it pays to check dumpsters!

Old 21st February 2017
Anyone need channels or repair of 55 channels?

I have a couple channels that have been recapped and ICs replaced. I also can bring dead channels back to life.

Send a PM!
Old 21st February 2017
Gear Addict

A&M Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

About 15 years ago plus/minus a year or two, A & M recorders on Le Brea Avenue in Hollywood, dumped a Neve BCM10 console in the trash dumpster outside. It was minus 1073's and 1272's but had full compliment of routing units, faders and monitor section.

An enterprising fellow (not me) rescued it, stuffed it in his car, and after finding an assortment of modules for it, sold it for quite a large sum of money.

Seems it pays to check dumpsters!

WOW, were we at A&M at the same time? The world likes to play games with me....

Thanx,
Jack
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search