The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tab u73
Old 19th July 2015
Gear Nut

Tab u73

Anyone know what the instrument calibration knob (instr. Eichen.) in conjunction with pins 2a and 2b can be properly used for?

Last edited by MrSayWho; 31st July 2015 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: German Translations
Old 19th July 2015
Gear Nut

The schematic shows the shields of the balanced input and output cables connected to pin 4b. 4b and 4a are the side chain control voltage? Regelsp. is the german word on this schematic for pins 4a and b. Short for Regelspannung which translates to side chain control voltage?

Last edited by MrSayWho; 22nd July 2015 at 07:39 PM..
Old 19th July 2015
Gear Nut

Anyone ever done any mods to these?

Last edited by MrSayWho; 22nd July 2015 at 07:40 PM..
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Nut

anyone ever use one?
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

I know Bob Muller (Dangerous Music) owned a couple of them, Chris Muth told me he repaired them for Bob years ago.

Oliver Archut has (had, RIP Oliver) over 30 of them. He was going to remake them, actually did a couple prototypes. He was going to send me the reissue to beta test for him along with a couple of originals (that I was going to keep). Sadly he passed before all this could take place.

Others do own them and use them, so they might chime in.

You might want to contact Chris (Muth) directly and ask him about the calibration knob. He is a super nice guy. Tell him Larry (DeVivo) sent you his way. I just passed a Gotye project onto him as Chris was the best man for what he needed done. Killed me to do it but it is what was best for the project. Hopefully karma will reward me for that in the long run. Ha ha.
Old 31st July 2015
Lives for gear

I have always been so curious about these… one of the grandaddy vari mu designs. There is a page that outlines many variations over at the tab funkenwerk website.

That is something else that Oliver had over 30!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search