The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trident A-Range Cherokee
Old 3rd January 2007
Gear Head

Trident A-Range Cherokee

Cherokee Studios is selling 1 of their legendary Trident A-Ranges. Arguably the best sounding console of all time. This is 1 of 5 original Trident A-Ranges left. If interested contact us at

www.cherokeestudios.com

Tell them Tommy turned you on to it. Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Any info...

Any info would be great! I would not want to waste anyone's time.

Ballpark price, console config, etc.

thanks for the heads-up!

-a

DIRTY ALO www.dirtyhalo.com
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

I hear it will appear on eBay very soon if it isn't up already. It is the 48 channel board from Studio One. Read info on the site. Starting bid, $200k.
Old 3rd January 2007
Gear Head

yes it should be on Ebay by the end of the day, and you are correct about this being from studio one. pictures can be found at www.cherokeestudios.com
Old 4th January 2007
Lives for gear
Does anyone know why they are selling this beauty?
Old 4th January 2007
What are you replacing it with?

Here's a picture of an A-range
Attached Thumbnails
Trident A-Range Cherokee-3c.jpg  
Old 4th January 2007
Damn, I was just talking about this board yesterday.
I was in session on that great, great Cherokee console and got a terrible emergency call from my girlfriend. It was just a traumatic event and we were rehashing it.
How weird that it shows up here today.
If my BMI royalties show up in the next week maybe I should pick it up.
Old 4th January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
What are you replacing it with?

Here's a picture of an A-range
Are they selling the console in studio three or one? You can't turn the phantom off on the one in studio three(the one in the picture). The one in studio one has phantom power switches on the patchbay. Also, I was always under the impression that the one in studio three was one that was made in the us in conjunction with Toby Foster based on the original schematics(which they used to make the Cherokee modules). TH79, Did they sell the building? Did Bruce ever get that label started. Sorry if you don't work there, but I have been wondering about these things.
Old 14th November 2009
Gear Head

Cherokee Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexon View Post
Did they sell the building? Did Bruce ever get that label started. Sorry if you don't work there, but I have been wondering about these things.
For those of you possibly interested in any of these old questions - here is the scoop:

In Aug. 2007, as many of you know, the Robbs left the building permanently. It still sat for another 6 mos. or so empty while the developers who had purchased it waited for approvals to begin demo. In early 2008, it was taken down - every last brick...

Bruce Robb stayed involved with the developers to help encourage them to design a space that would still connect to the music community -- that is still a story unfolding. In the meantime, he had already started his label and a small production company in his final years at Cherokee -- which he has continued to work with in the last 2 years.

The label has the latest release from Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise called "Out of the Wilderness" out and the production co. completed over 30 original songs for an Amy Smart movie out on DVD now.

During this phase, Bruce continued to look for space and opportunities to park all that great vintage gear that awaits a new home. In the meantime, you can usually find him at his office in Hancock Park in the Larchmont Village.

He has no intention of leaving the music business any time soon...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search