The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anamod XF vs Various Tube Preamps
Old 4th July 2015
Gear Head
Anamod XF vs Various Tube Preamps

hello everybody

apart from the intriguing and disappointing absence of any Anamod XF samples (please correct me if i am wrong, i could not find any) i would like to ask your opinion in regards with the correct placement of my budget over my next 500 series module.

I already have a Chandler Little Devil Preamp and a Maag EQ. I am now looking to get my hands into a module which will give me the tube characteristics. I understand that Anamod XF is tube modelling. In the absence of samples i am quite curious to hear from any users, how does this modelling actually sounds and is it worth the 4 digit price tag? And if anybody happens to give me some food for though on how would that compare with actual tube preamps like Crane Song Syren or LaChapell 538 mk2 (or even the Crane Insignia).

I do understand that the Anamod XF is kind of post preamp processing and the other two preamps/eq i mentioned would affect the sound differently. So what would be the best way to add that tube warmth into my system?

Given the quality of the work that Anamod is know for and the plenty of options with the triode/pentode switch, 2 stages and nickel/iron etc options i kind of lean towards that, but how does actually a real tube compare?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old 6th July 2015
Gear Head
Anyone?
Old 8th July 2015
Gear Guru

That Anamod does look like a fun and useful tool. You might contact them, often companies that see direct will have a 10-15 return policy.
Old 14th July 2015
Gear Head
I find it very surprising that there is no samples or any sort of feedback on the performance/sound Anamod XF. Can anybody from Anamod comment please? How is it possible that such a high-end piece of gear doesn't have any thoughts/samples/feedback available. Is it some sort of secret weapon or not that popular at all?!
Old 14th July 2015
Lives for gear

Not sure if it's even available yet.

The release date(s) (unofficial) have always been bumped year after year. I've yet to see anyone post that they have one.

Perhaps contact Anamod first to see if it's even avail....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search