The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Recommend Tape to Pro Tools Transfer in LA?
Old 27th June 2015
Gear Maniac

Recommend Tape to Pro Tools Transfer in LA?

I may be working on a project that will require transferring original 2" masters to Pro Tools in the upcoming week or two. Does anyone have a recommendation for a place in LA that has a good reputation? My normal guy isn't available right now unfortunately.

These are old tapes and I'm not sure of how they were archived so the tapes may also need baking...it would be nice if it could all be done at the same place but I'm open to suggestions there as well.

Thank you!
Old 28th June 2015
Gear Nut

Hi Steve

I can bake and transfer 2" 16/24T tapes. I'm in Orange County, about an hour from LA.

Multitrack Analog to Digital Transfers

Only problem is that I'll be out of the country until 14th July.

Regards

David Ollard
Thin Brown Line
714 928 3249
Old 28th June 2015
Gear Maniac

David, thank you for your reply, I actually saw your excellent site when I was researching. July 14 may be too late but if it comes up after I'll let you know.
Old 29th June 2015
Lives for gear
Tim Jordan Rentals in North Hollywood.

Tim Jordan Rentals - Home page
Old 29th June 2015
Lives for gear

Geoff at Tim Jordan will do a wonderful job on the transfer. They're now located in West Hills rather than N. Hollywood but the contact info still works. Does great work.
Old 30th June 2015
Gear Maniac

Thank you for the Tim Jordan reference, great to know.
Old 2nd July 2015
Lives for gear

We do lots of baking and transfers here at Capitol. Give Paula or Mark a call and they can give you rates.

Steve G

Capitol Studios
323-871-5001
Old 2nd July 2015
Gear Guru

Penguin Studios in Glendale (i believe) did a transfer for me few years back .. old Alice Cooper Concert Recording to go along with 35mm transfer to Digibeta ... great job, 2nd would be Tim Jordan - geoff helped me over the phone to Align an Ampex machine .. really great guys ...

Capitol would be a fun experience ... a friend was getting his mastering done there ... you cannot go wrong with any of these .. just your budget ..

cheers and happy transfers john
Old 2nd July 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
We do lots of baking and transfers here at Capitol. Give Paula or Mark a call and they can give you rates.

Steve G

Capitol Studios
323-871-5001
Thanks Steve, I was at Capitol a couple years ago. My buddy, David Iscove, was doing archiving and he took me through there and introduced me to Paula. We all know the history of Capitol but aside from the obvious everyone there was incredibly cool.
Old 2nd July 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
Penguin Studios in Glendale (i believe) did a transfer for me few years back .. old Alice Cooper Concert Recording to go along with 35mm transfer to Digibeta ... great job, 2nd would be Tim Jordan - geoff helped me over the phone to Align an Ampex machine .. really great guys ...

Capitol would be a fun experience ... a friend was getting his mastering done there ... you cannot go wrong with any of these .. just your budget ..

cheers and happy transfers john
and another great suggestion, thank you John.
Old 4th July 2015
Lives for gear

Throwing our 2" reel into the ring so to speak.....

Why not do your transfers where all the Beach Boys tapes including Smile and Pet Sounds were archived (and mixed), Your Place Or Mine Recording in Glendale.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search