The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
anyone try the new royer 122 MK 2?
Old 19th June 2015
Gear Head
anyone try the new royer 122 MK 2?

anyone try the new royer 122 MK 2 mic? like the new features.
Old 20th June 2015
I actually picked one up last weekend at sweetwater gearfest. I managed to try it out for a while there and found the added features are quite useful. The high pass i really liked on acoustic guitar when you needed to mic a little bit closer than normal, so it controls the proximity effect a bit. I havnt had any need for the pad as of yet as i do mostly classical and acoustic work. (strings/piano/acoustic guitar). Unfortunately somewhere on my journey back home it seems my ribbon blew (even the guys at royer werent sure how it managed to happen), but honestly I'm not even phased. Royer's customer service has been among the best i have ever dealt with, to the level that its 100% stress free. When I get my mic up and running again, I'll spend some more time with the new features of the MK II.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search