The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who's Using The JCF Latte as Their Main Converters? Digital Converters
Old 19th June 2015
Gear Nut

Who's Using The JCF Latte?

I'm starting to take a closer look at the JCF Latte for my main converters and was wondering who else uses the Latte.

For those who use the Latte, what converters did you come from?

Blue Sky
Old 19th June 2015
Lives for gear
Right now im using them as my main converters. Love them. I came from lynx aurora. I also have the lavry blue and ad8. But the latte is what you put in you get out.
Old 20th June 2015
Gear Addict

Me too Bluesky, main 2 track ADDA for mix and stems.. Still got a lynx for multi DA though. Its the best conversion Ive heard, really does not sound like a converter, which is a good thing!! Sounds shockingly real, its incredible. Wait till you hear the depth, just like a tape machine
Old 20th June 2015
Lives for gear
Love my Latte
Old 20th June 2015
Lives for gear
I will add it has a depth. Has some real kick ass mic pres. It is what you put in it really does not have a sound. It sounds very natural.
Old 20th June 2015
Gear Nut

Cool!

Has anyone heard it next to a Mytek 8x192 or the Lynx Hilo?
Old 20th June 2015
Gear Nut

I have the JCF AD-8. Not the same as the Latte, but I'm sure some things are similar. I also use the Mytek 8x192 for monitoring. And I used the Mytek for tracking before I bought the AD-8.

All I will say is that I think the AD-8 was a major improvement over the 8x192. And I really liked the 8x192. So you can imagine how much I like the AD-8.

To my ears, the JCF gear I own has less stuff in the way of the sound. And it's easier to perceive and construct the front-to-back depth of the mix.

Previously, I didn't care for any sample rate above 96k, but at 192, the AD-8 is just incredible.
Old 20th June 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbin View Post
I have the JCF AD-8. Not the same as the Latte, but I'm sure some things are similar. I also use the Mytek 8x192 for monitoring. And I used the Mytek for tracking before I bought the AD-8.

All I will say is that I think the AD-8 was a major improvement over the 8x192. And I really liked the 8x192. So you can imagine how much I like the AD-8.

To my ears, the JCF gear I own has less stuff in the way of the sound. And it's easier to perceive and construct the front-to-back depth of the mix.

Previously, I didn't care for any sample rate above 96k, but at 192, the AD-8 is just incredible.
What about DA? Do you still used the Mytek 8x192 for rendering?

Also the 8x192 has a ADC upgrade for $400 that is supposed to be a significant upgrade.
Old 20th June 2015
Gear Nut

Let me put it this way: I don't care to upgrade the Mytek or get any other AD/DA. Because it won't top the sound of the JCF.

And the first chance I get to upgrade to 16 channels of JCF DA, I will do it.
Old 20th June 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbin View Post
Let me put it this way: I don't care to upgrade the Mytek or get any other AD/DA. Because it won't top the sound of the JCF.

And the first chance I get to upgrade to 16 channels of JCF DA, I will do it.
I figged on the upgrade... I was just letting you know there was one!

So I take it your DA is the 8x192 at this point correct?

It would be cool to here how the Latte and the JCF DA8-V sounds next to the 8x192.

Keep us posted for sure!
Old 20th June 2015
Gear Nut

Oh yeah, it is. (sorry - forgot to answer that)
Old 20th June 2015
Lives for gear
Dubbin I love jcf audio. I have the ad8 for tracking the da8 for mixing and the latte for my final mix i am to happy. I dont think i will ever get anymore converters again.
Old 20th June 2015
Lives for gear

I have not tried the Latte yet but I have the AD-8 and it is a significant upgrade to my ULN-8.
I will get a Latte this year for sure......
Amazing convertors!
So natural sounding...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search