The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How many eq`s you guys rockin ? Equalisers (HW)
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

i'm sitting next to 12, but i try to use as few as possible
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post
my DAW has unlimited EQs and I'm rockin' hard
As do we all...I am pretty sure the OP was wondering about the outboard EQs.
Old 28th June 2016
Gear Nut

28 channels total... integrated in my (32-channel) 5088 as "console"-EQ so far 8 x Electrodyne 511 (could add 3 more in the rack), 6 Ch Thermionic Freebird and 2 of each RND 5032 and 5033 - Outboard are 2Ch Helios Type 69, GML 8200, 4x Roger Schult W2377 - nearly have "my" set up together now, just looking for a tube EQ for mastering, would love to have an Ear 825 but the $$$$... I hopefully can try the Micheangelo soon, looks like my cup of tea : )
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

10 - api 550
2 - api 550a
2 - api 550B
2 - Calrec 1161 "AMAZING EQ"
2 - Neve 1073
2 - Neve 1066

I mix hybrid with a summing mixer,.
Old 28th June 2016
I have 80 channels of eq on my Otari Concept One, they're 4 band with sweepable mids and switchable q's and the top band switches between 8 and 16 kHz and the low band switches between 120 or 60 hz. I don't use them that often unless I think they're right, they tend to work best on vocals. In addition I have 37 channels of outboard eq which consists of 4 John Musgrave modded Neve V Eq's 2 Focusrite ISA 110's 1 ISA 220, 2 Daking 52270b's 3 Amek 9098's 1 Amek Channel in The Box, 2 channels of Fink CS2Fa which are tube Pultec style eq's, 2 channels of Millenia Media NSEQ 1 designed by Fred Forsell, 2 channels of CLM Expounder, 1 Lil Freq, 1 Oram Al Schmitt box with 6 band eq and onto compressor, and 16 channels of Malcom Toft Flex mix eq's which I understand are like the eq's in his 980 console. I'd like another Lil Freq and a some more Amek 9098's one of these days.
Old 1st July 2016
Gear Maniac

Not a lot of, but enough to be happy...
Attached Thumbnails
How many eq`s you guys rockin ?-eq-nirvana.jpg  
Old 2nd July 2016
I acquired a new Hendyamps Michelangelo EQ about a month ago. Very impressed with how easy it is to get stunning sounds out of this box. One of those boxes that sounds so good its easy to over do it for sure! Fantastic ability to add great harmonic content as well as this magical knob called "air". Highly recommend it for tracking and mastering engineers alike.
Old 2nd July 2016
Gear Guru

24 on a console{api..getting a bunch of the new Capi 10 bands/3 bands.].
a bunch of tube and solid state outboard eq[neve,helios,daking pultecs etc] & a bunch of plugs.
Old 2nd July 2016
Lives for gear

I've got 16 Aurora Audio channels (2xGT4-8). They sound great, and there is one for each channel of my interface and summing mixer. I also have a couple Lil Freqs for the hard work, and a couple Great River eqs. Honestly, while I could easily use 16-20 channels of filters (I use them the most), so many EQs are not necessary.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search