The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SH Dual Van - vocals? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 14th June 2015
SH Dual Van - vocals?

Can anyone comment on how the SH DV reacts tracking vocals? Or mixing?

I've tried the Mono Opto, and I really do like what it does in tracking and mixing for vox. I understand the DV is a VCA, and don't have any experience with it.

compressor I own: ADL 1000 (modded by Jim), The Brute, Obsidian.

If anyone could chime in, I would be completely happy with the Mono Opto, but if the DV is also useful for vox, other than as a buss compressor, I would give it a shot. Just want to avoid having to go through the trouble of buying/returning etc.
Old 14th June 2015
I love what DV doing on vocals but it sound over compressed. Is make sound bigger crispier love what its doing on high end .
Old 14th June 2015
Gear Nut

When I tested both the Optograph and Vandergraph, I thought the Optograph sounded better on vocals.
I ended up buying the Vandergraph because I needed it more than the Optograph and I own 2 Buzz Essences.
I would still like to have an Optograph because I loved what it did to vocals (and acoustic guitars).

!jt!
Old 14th June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTurbo View Post
When I tested both the Optograph and Vandergraph, I thought the Optograph sounded better on vocals.
I ended up buying the Vandergraph because I needed it more than the Optograph and I own 2 Buzz Essences.
I would still like to have an Optograph because I loved what it did to vocals (and acoustic guitars).

!jt!
Can you send me a before/after vocal processed with the DV? If it's not too much trouble
Old 16th June 2015
Gear Nut

Sure.
How about you send me a track and I process it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark Studio View Post
Can you send me a before/after vocal processed with the DV? If it's not too much trouble
Old 16th June 2015
Here for the gear

The Dual V is great on vocals. I don't think it makes the vocal sound overcompressed, quite the contrary. Sure, it is not transparent, but unless you slam it, it won't give the obvious compressed character either. It just makes the vocals sound a lot fuller without harshing the transients and/or introducing sibilance.

It is also great on stereo guitar groups. Come to think of it, it's great on just about anything you send through it.

At least in my opinion.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search