The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Restoring Old Producer's Workshop Console
Old 13th June 2015
Here for the gear
Restoring Old Producer's Workshop Console

I have the old Langevin based console from Producers Workshop, which I have decided to start restoring. Finally.....
If anyone has any info, pictures, etc, of the old studio that they would be kind enough to share, it would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Bill Deaton
billdeaton.com
Old 14th June 2015
Lives for gear

Hi Bill, you need to show some pictures of that puppy...

Langevin Tube Console

Here is mine and funny enough I started restoring the console itself about 3 months ago. I've had the tube pre's racked up and have been using them for the last 6 years. 6 are permanently attached to my '64 Gretsch drum kit. The others are used on just about all other sources.

I started a thread over on PRW about my restoration...

Isn't she beautiful in WHATEVER WORKS Forum

It's another place you may be able to find out more information about your console.

Have fun restoring her!
Old 14th June 2015
Lives for gear

Is this the black console that was at Producer's Workshop in the '70s?

I was just the other day listening to that console on a Sheffield Labs direct-too-disc LP of Lincoln Mayagora's music/arrangements.
Great stuff played by great musicians recorded in a great studio with a great console!

There are pics of the console on the LP cover, but they don't show much.
I can only tell that it was black and had about ten (?) VU meters.

I'd LOVE to see pics of that machine!
Old 15th June 2015
I used to do maintanence over there in the 1980/90's. Mostly it was on the Stevens recorders. I don't recall if that console was there at that time.
Old 15th June 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbubba View Post
Is this the black console that was at Producer's Workshop in the '70s?

I was just the other day listening to that console on a Sheffield Labs direct-too-disc LP of Lincoln Mayagora's music/arrangements.
Great stuff played by great musicians recorded in a great studio with a great console!

There are pics of the console on the LP cover, but they don't show much.
I can only tell that it was black and had about ten (?) VU meters.

I'd LOVE to see pics of that machine!
I tried to post some pics, and am blocked from doing that?!
I could always email you some if you want to PM me.
Best,
Bill
Old 16th June 2015
Lives for gear

I own the old Producers Workshop. Bill emailed me last week. Very interested to see this happen. And if it was ever mobile, maybe put it back in the room for a record!

We have a 40 Channel API now which is no slouch. But everyone always asks if we still have the console! I'm sure Cathodes will chime in at some point.

Studio is now called Boulevard Recording. I'd love to have kept the name but try googling "Producers Workshop" in 2015! You're gonna get every movie camp in the country.

Hollywood Recording Studio – Boulevard Recording
Old 17th June 2015
Lives for gear

Very cool

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search