The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tape Machines - Timecode and Syncing to DAW
Old 9th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblair View Post
Some machines slave better than others, and some don't slave at all. My favorite is the Studer 827. (And like mentioned, I never liked the sound of the Otari.) I've had a Microlynx for about 20 years. I used to have the 827 chase my 3M M56, which acted as the master (and had no ability to slave). When I started using both tape and ProTools, we couldn't use the 16 trk, but I'd do basics on the Studer, and using PT as the master, sending MTC to the Microlynx, make slaves onto PT to work from, until mix time, where we'd go back to the 827 chasing PT.

I don't know if any of that info helps anybody, but I'm stuck on a plane and over caffeinated, so I'm kinda chatty.
Yes!

I was using an 827 slaved to PT last year. Beautiful machine. The control cable is a bit of a nightmare though.
I've always wanted to hear a 16track block on the Studer. I had one for our Otari which sounded immense.
A 16 track 827, with Pro Tools and an Antelope clock has to be about the finest sounding set-up money can buy.

I wont get one sat on here all day though. :/
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search