The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Serpent Audio SB4001
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Nut
Serpent Audio SB4001

Well I finally decided to add a stereo bus Compressor. Picked up a Serpent Audio SB4001- anyone know if there is power issue with this in a 6 space API lunchbox? It will be paired with a pair of Atlas Pro Audio Juggernauts. Still waiting for it to arrive
Old 6th June 2015
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabzmuzik View Post
Well I finally decided to add a stereo bus Compressor. Picked up a Serpent Audio SB4001- anyone know if there is power issue with this in a 6 space API lunchbox? It will be paired with a pair of Atlas Pro Audio Juggernauts. Still waiting for it to arrive
You would need to know the current draw on the devices, and what the API can dish out.

What makes you worry there could be a problem?

Gustav
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Guru

No problem whatsoever. Mine has lived in a 6 slot API lunchbox for ages now and sounds great in there.
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs View Post
What makes you worry there could be a problem?

Gustav
A guy told me be careful with the API lunchbox when using a Serpent. He couldn't tell me specifics, so I figured I would look into it real quick.
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
No problem whatsoever. Mine has lived in a 6 slot API lunchbox for ages now and sounds great in there.
Thanks for the response. I can't wait until Tuesday, FedEx isn't moving fast enough lol
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
A guy told me be careful with the API lunchbox when using a Serpent. He couldn't tell me specifics, so I figured I would look into it real quick.
Mine has just the Serpent in it at the moment but was full until recently and never a problem, had different pres and eqs in there with it. Would be very surprised if you have an issue.
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Nut

Yep mine's doing fine in a 6 slot API box
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Nut
thanks guys for the responses. I am getting the feeling the person just was upset. He seems to always have heard some random horror story when I purchase some gear. I am looking forward to the Serpent, now I just wish I could speed fedex along.
Old 6th June 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
thanks guys for the responses. I am getting the feeling the person just was upset. He seems to always have heard some random horror story when I purchase some gear. I am looking forward to the Serpent, now I just wish I could speed fedex along.
Sounds like he needs phase flipping on his focus gland. To default to focusing on good things first.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search