The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Highend solution for volume pedal (volume control) for guitar ?
Old 29th May 2015
Lives for gear

Highend solution for volume pedal (volume control) for guitar ?

Alright. I am in the quest for a high end solution for volume pedal/volume control. The music I play is often in cresendo where volume level does change with a wide span. This means I can play on the lower volume for maybe 10 minutes before I let the full volume get it in.

There is plenty of analogue guitar volume pedals out there, but I Think I will have to come up with some own solution perhaps, Maybe I will forced to control an external unit with a midi foot pedal or something.
Is it possible to get something that is relay based with the volume control...
or will this simply be astronomical in price ?

While I am looking for a high end solution I also need to say, I am not rich I have my home studio here, but I want something to match the rest of my chain.
My guitar chain is not complete but a volume pedal is very important now..to even record composition ideas..

I want something to match my other gear...

I use a 5000 EUR GNG custom made guitar. I use Mogami Platinum guitar cable, I use Kemper amp which goes into my Eventide H8000FW where most of the magic happens, I play back the singal thru my Antelope Eclipse.
Old 29th May 2015
Lives for gear

An expression pedal hooked up to the Kemper should do what you want. Here is the ideal one:
Mission Engineering Inc EP1-KP Expression Pedal for Kemper Profiling Amp - Green | Sweetwater.com
Old 29th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Given To Fly View Post
An expression pedal hooked up to the Kemper should do what you want. Here is the ideal one:
Mission Engineering Inc EP1-KP Expression Pedal for Kemper Profiling Amp - Green | Sweetwater.com
Really ? A digital volume control is not good ?

I thought to have the pedal before the kemper amp.
Ideally I guess it would be good to have pedals before and after the eventide.
I tend to use a lot of reverb.. sometimes I might want to make more sudden volume shifts without the reverb tails ringing.
on the other hand there is so much I want to control with the Eventide with pedal also..but I have not started to investigate that yet..
but volume pedal is the most important now
Old 29th May 2015
Visual Sound Visual Volume, best there is and cheap.
Old 29th May 2015
Lives for gear

Sorry! I did not mean to post that 4 times.

A traditional setup, guitar - cable - amp, you can have a volume pedal in front of the amp or in the amps FX loop. If the volume pedal is between the guitar and the amp it control the guitars output signal which affects both volume and tone quality. If you want to maintain the guitars tone quality but have control over the volume level, put the volume pedal in the FX loop. At this location, the volume pedal controls the preamps signal before it enters the power amp which allows you to maintain your tone while giving you control over the dynamic level (volume level) as we would understand it in a classical sense: ppp - fff

Since you have a Kemper, all the parameters (including volume) can be controlled digitally with an expression pedal. This allows you to control the overall volume while maintaining the quality of your guitar - Mogami Platinum Cable - Kemper signal chain. In fact, I would say that expression pedals are the only "digital volume controls" in pedal form. The Mission Engineering Kemper Expression Pedal would be the simplest, highest quality solution for volume control.

Then, there is always MIDI...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search