The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ampex 300-4-SS with Ampex/Dolby NR Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 25th May 2015
Here for the gear

Ampex 300-4-SS with Ampex/Dolby NR

Hi there,

I looked at reviving an old thread I had about different Ampex machines, but figured with narrowing down to this one machine, I would start a new post.

I am looking at an old Ampex 300. I am not having much luck with info and finding some ideas as to what to offer/pay for a fair price on this particular machine.

It is an Ampex 300 1/2" 4 track. It has the Sel/Sync module and is in decent working condition, I am sure it will need some work being so old.

It is in very good shape physically.

The very interesting thing on this one is that it has some early version of Ampex/Dolby noise reduction installed in it. Looks like it came this was originally (not something added years later). I cant find any information on this or even on just the normal version of these machines.

Any information about them (maintenance, quality, market value, anything else of interest) would be great to find out so I can make an informed decision!

Thanks in advance.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search