The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL out to storage today. Hybrid in tomorrow...
Old 30th May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichlsss View Post
Did you shoot out the burl with any other summers?

Ssl sigma?
I did, the Sigma is great but was just more stuff I didn't want to learn or use.
Old 30th May 2015
Gear Head

Random question James...
Whats the cheapest piece of outboard you own that you couldn't live without???

Just wonderin....
Old 31st May 2015
Lives for gear

Great vid
Old 31st May 2015
Lives for gear
What a great journey man!!!!!!!
Old 31st May 2015
Gear Addict

Godspeed Solid State

no more recaps

Old 31st May 2015
Lives for gear

Awesome set up James it looks GREAT! Congrats.
Old 1st June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im not really a rock guy but it does somehow seem momentus that James Lugo of sslmixingonline is selling his SSL and going hybrid...sign of the times...
Maybe if Clearmountain or the Alge bros dumped their desks, but to see someone who was learning how to use an SSL only a couple years back make a switch hardly speaks to "the times"... IMHO. (And I don't mean that in any disrespect to James who I'm sure has worked hard to change his MO and accommodate a new workflow).
Old 28th June 2015
I'm no pro and never mixed out of the box but mixing on a console like that looks like a nightmare. You def need an assistant to mix on that beast. I'm mean just the recall makes my blood pressure rise.
Hope the new setup is doing you well. I love those videos your very passionate
Old 23rd March 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo View Post
The new setup!

Awesome! congrats!

But using so many gear otb but as if they were PT plugins.. how do you deal with latency ?

and also.. using external gear as a PT plugin, your audio track is having a DA AD per outboard processor.. and then , I figure out you take out stems to your BURL for external summing (another DA), and then the final print (AD).
all this paths, plus using patch bays.. have you felt any audio degradation for all of this ADDA plus patch bays?
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Good for you! Unloading things you don't need always feels like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

I did something similar with guitar gear about two years ago (sold off a lot of things that were packing a storage locker and a spare room in my house) and it felt so good to be rid of all that stuff.
Old 23rd March 2016
Your confirming to us project studio owners that as long as you have great mic pre's, monitors and mirophones, your good to go with making great recordings. I have a Mackie Controller and two Expanders and use a hybrid setup myself.
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

James, wasn't this basically your setup in 2009? Just swap the Control 24 for the AVID Artist Mix, add a bigger Argosy desk and some outboard along the way and no need for moving to North Hollywood, SSLs, North Carolina, Nashville. I'm sure you learned a lot in the past 6 years though. Looking forward to seeing where you take it from here.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search