The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BM15a, AIR 15 OR AIR 25 Studio Monitors
Old 24th May 2015
Gear Addict
BM15a, AIR 15 OR AIR 25

anybody have all of them? I want them for multipurpose. I compose and mix for film and tv. what do you guys recommend? rite now I using BM6a for mixes and composing but I want something big that I can play a bit louder to my clients.
Old 25th May 2015
Old 25th May 2015
I own a pair of BM15A coming from BM5A and have to say the difference is dramatic and i've been mixing through BM5a for many years with very good results but i always ended listening to mixes on bigger systems.

With BM15A I started EQing and compressing without hesitating if i'm over/under doing. They are very revealling and not forgiving, if something's wrong in your mix they'll tell you.

I didn't try AIR series but i'm sure they sound great.

I chosen BM15A just because i don't need ethernet ports in my monitors as AIR series have.

Hope it helps
Old 25th May 2015
Lives for gear

we have two sets of BM15 i guess "p" because they are passive and need an amp to drive them. one set has the BM9s SUB, and one without because of the crossover point the solo BM15's are more mid agressive than the set with sub… we also have NS10's and Horrortones….
We dig them the best so far ( been using them for 10+ years ) but I am digging the Amphion Love thread and would like to try their One15 or One18 set with their power amp set up just to hear the difference.
Old 26th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigfrog View Post
the solo BM15's are more mid agressive than the set with sub
Never notice mid range aggressiveness in my BM15A's, what i found more revealling is low end. You can really hear lot of information through 10"...but hey, maybe it's just my/your acoustics Both BM15A and AIR Series need plenty of air and very well treated room to sound its best
Old 26th May 2015
Genelec 1032A!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search