The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DBX160 VU Needle replacement? Dynamics Plugins
Old 22nd May 2015
Deleted User
DBX160 VU Needle replacement?

I just bought (for a very good price, $1100) a pair of DBX 160VU in a 19" rack, actually the very same unit Softube modelled their DBX160 from. I will later on compare this unit with Softtube's DBX160 - will be interesting). Its in mint condition except the needle of unit 2 is not moving. Where can I get a new needle? Is it standard parts or special for different brands and models? IS it a known error that easy can be fixed (oxid etc)?

The units are mounted in a 19" rack and have additional 19" connectors that I use (have not used the original "connectors" - it might be working with that, I don't know but I need to make a special cable/connector for that.
Old 22nd May 2015
Lives for gear

FYI the needle is part of the meter. You'll need to replace the whole meter, unless it is a circuit problem with the drivers.

What do you mean by "19" connectors?"
Old 22nd May 2015
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson View Post
What do you mean by "19" connectors?"
That's a good question. My mind were somewhere and my fingers on another when typing. I meant the 1/4" connectors on the 19" chassi.

Actually, the seller just offered me to send it back and he will fix it and he will send back to me again. Very generous.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search