The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Unity Rock Mark 2 vs Boulder in terms of sound stage Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 21st May 2015
Gear Nut

Unity Rock Mark 2 vs Boulder in terms of sound stage

I was wondering for those who have heard both, which has a wider and deeper sound stage?
Old 21st May 2015
Gear Nut

bump
Old 25th May 2015
Gear Nut

How wide and deep is the soundstage on the Unity Boulder

Some say the soundstage of the Rock is rather narrow, is the Boulder the same?
Old 25th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gintoh View Post
Some say the soundstage of the Rock is rather narrow, is the Boulder the same?
You have asked this question multiple times in different threads and through the pm system. as I didn't find the rock to sound particularly narrow, it's not a question that makes sense to me. The Boulders are three times the size of the rock. They need a bigger room. As I don't know anything about your set up, I have no idea how any speaker will interact with your room. The only way you are going to get an unbiased answer is to listen to them yourself.
Old 25th May 2015
Lives for gear

We had Rock MKII here several times (in direct comparison to other monitors like Quested, Sonodyne, PSI etc.) and yes, I could not get rid of the impression that they sound a bit "2D" comparing to the others ... Even the friend who owned them and brought them had to unwillingly admit that ... Never heard Boulders though.
Old 25th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
We had Rock MKII here several times (in direct comparison to other monitors like Quested, Sonodyne, PSI etc.) and yes, I could not get rid of the impression that they sound a bit "2D" comparing to the others ... Even the friend who owned them and brought them had to unwillingly admit that ... Never heard Boulders though.
Given that you sell both PSI and Sonodyne, that's a bit naughty Ivo.
Old 25th May 2015
Lives for gear

Well, we offer Rocks here as well ... so it makes no difference (and quite a few are already in use around here). They have interesting aspects in them (I myself used them in my studio as second pair for some time), but this aspect was a bit noticeable during listening sessions here. So the question just is whether to share our (subjective) impressions sincerely or not ...

Last edited by ISedlacek; 25th May 2015 at 11:08 AM..
Old 25th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
Well, we offer Rocks here as well ... so it makes no difference (and quite a few are already in use around here). They have interesting aspects in them (I myself used them in my studio as second pair for some time), but this aspect was a bit noticeable during listening sessions here. So the question just is whether to share our (subjective) impressions sincerely or not ...
Apologies. I wasn't aware you also sold Unity Audio/Rocks.
Old 25th May 2015
Lives for gear

No problem I mean - those whom I know using them, appreciate them a lot (for mixing etc.), they have their own unique personality. But since that very aspect was in question, I simply recollected my own impression as well ...
Old 25th May 2015
Gear Nut

deleted
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search