The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
State of the art recording studios throughout the ages
Old 21st May 2015
Lives for gear
State of the art recording studios throughout the ages

I thought it might be interesting to have a bit of a history thread. I guess recording started with wax cylinders in the late 1800 s ? Then tape was devolped by the germans in ww2. I thought it would be cool to have a high end history thread starting with the very earliest state if the art studios to the present day. Unfortunately I am not a history buff and have limited time to Google or research this area. I am therefore hoping that some of you with knowledge in this area would contribute ! The More pictures of the ancient high end the better !

Ok ill start (1898):

Quote:
Yes, grimy was the word for it. The smoking room of the Old Coburn Hotel was our improvised studio. There stood the recording machine on a high stand; from this projected a long, thin trumpet into which the artist sang. Close by on a high movable platform, was an upright piano.”

-Gaisberg’s description of the studio

Last edited by Gusss; 21st May 2015 at 01:54 AM..
Old 21st May 2015
Lives for gear

The next innovation was to put the recording machine on a lower stand.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search