The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
neumann 310 vs event 2030 Studio Monitors
Old 17th May 2015
Here for the gear

neumann 310 vs event 2030

hi all,

I,m looking for new monitors. currently i heard a lot of cheaper monitors andere i have the feeling i can do the same with good consumer speakers.

my monitors now are Yamaha ns40m studio, since i upgraded from mixing on a modified ghost to a motu system with 1 2408 and 3 24io i have no space to put those big ns40 besides my desk and besides that i dont Like them that much. they lack bass and my ears get tired of the harsh sound.

so now im looking for a no nonsense set Like the hummel and klein o300 or the Neumann 310, i read about reviews and the event 2030 comes out like monitors that give a unreliable sound, i dont like the bass ports on the back so im guessing better go for the neumans, its a different level i guess.

but the events are kinda pulling me towards them. price is Nice

i could listen them both but without testing them in my own room i guess choosing blind is the same thing.

i have the feeling that the events put me in the same situation i am now, that situation is that i dont thrust
them. i have the ns40 for like 9 years now so i know their short comings.

i want monitors that dont have short coming s.

i produce underground industrial and with the ns40 i learned how to not make a wrong mix but i really need a upgrade.

members that have heard both in their room?

on this moment i want to go the no nonsense way and buy the neumans, but if the events are good to why not?
Old 17th May 2015
The KH310 is in a league of its own, as the price suggests. Every speaker has a short coming if you are producing music from conception to CD replication, That why i like to reference mixes done on my opals with tiny crappy little speakers and they instantly reveal shortcomings.

If you can afford the KH310 then i know what i would be doing!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search