The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 1073 DPD in 2015 Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 12th May 2015
Lives for gear

Neve 1073 DPD in 2015

I'm looking into purchasing a Neve preamp for vocals. Vocal recordings through my API preamps have a "crispy", "mid-forward" quality to them. I'd like to add a new flavor to see if it gets me closer to the sound I'm looking for.

My small setup is as follows:

Neumann TLM 67
API A2D
UA LA2A
Sound Devices USBPre2

I primarily record vocals, live bass, and vinyl. I have about $2500 to spend. I'm considering selling the API and getting the Neve DPD.

My other option is to keep the API A2D, wait and grab the Neve 1073 DPA, and run it through the API converters.

What are your thoughts? Are the old DPD's converters worth selling the API? For the money, are there better non-Neve options?

Thanks.
Old 12th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marrvel View Post
I'm looking into purchasing a Neve preamp for vocals. Vocal recordings through my API preamps have a "crispy", "mid-forward" quality to them. I'd like to add a new flavor to see if it gets me closer to the sound I'm looking for.

My small setup is as follows:

Neumann TLM 67
API A2D
UA LA2A
Sound Devices USBPre2

I primarily record vocals, live bass, and vinyl. I have about $2500 to spend. I'm considering selling the API and getting the Neve DPD.

My other option is to keep the API A2D, wait and grab the Neve 1073 DPA, and run it through the API converters.

What are your thoughts? Are the old DPD's converters worth selling the API? For the money, are there better non-Neve options?

Thanks.
For the same money you could get a lunchbox and two AML 1073s. That way you get the eq section too.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search