The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
U87/rnd5043/tg1 vocal chain! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Maniac

U87/rnd5043/tg1 vocal chain!

Just found this great vocal chain for male vocal. U87 (non-ai) in cardioid, no hp filter, into my mp 573 (or basically any other N-word pre), 50 db gain. Into my 5043 compressor, FB mode, 2:1, fairly fast attack, release to taste, into TG1 in limit mode, just meters moving slightly on loud passages. Wow. Grit and tight bottom. Just thought I'd share the idea. The 5043 could possibly be replaced by any good working horse vocal comp. The Magic is really in the Neve/U87/tg1 combo...
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Maniac

...and how the tg1 adds upper mid grit to the U87. Doesn't need eq...
Old 12th May 2015
Lives for gear

Have you experimented with the 5043 on higher ratios? I love that compressor and found that it has such a soft and smooth knee in FB mode that even an 8:1 ratio gives very musical and transparent dynamic control. I'm a big fan of the TG1, too, wouldn't want to have a studio without one!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search