The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need help identifying some gear Synchronisers/Clock Generators
Old 5th May 2015
Here for the gear

Need help identifying some gear

So I've recently been asked to help a friend get a studio back up and running. There was once an SSL analog console in the control room, but that was sold off a long time ago. I came across some older gear that I need help identifying and hopefully we can sell it off to help finance some other gear that we do need.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help identifying some gear-image_6510_0.jpg   Need help identifying some gear-image_220_1.jpg   Need help identifying some gear-image_8782_0.jpg   Need help identifying some gear-image_4180_1.jpg  
Old 5th May 2015
Lives for gear

First picture is of an SSL 8" Floppy drive. The last two look to be synchronizers for locking up tape machines. Not sure there is much use for any of that stuff nowadays. Most SSL owners had moved over to the 3.5" floppy drives.
Old 5th May 2015
2nd picture in is a Motionworker sync unit - used to "properly" resolve a tape machine or PT rig so it can be controlled by the SSL/Flying Faders automation.

A lot of the time when using a DAW people use a purpose built unit like a Smart 2Tools or Whizzer to "fool" the console that a tape machine is attached; other times they just let the console chase SMPTE.

You might be able to offload both this, the 8" floppy drives and whatever the last box is to a dealer in 2nd hand parts...but I wouldn't expect much for anything. The Motionworker has value to the right person (I see someone's trying to sell a remote for one for $1500 on ebay!) but those people are few and far between.
Old 9th May 2015
Here for the gear

Monkey, you mentioned that that unit on eBay is a remote. I don't know anything about those units, but does that mean the "remote" controls the rack unit, or does the "remote" unit work independently? The seller of the eBay unit is about half an hour away from me, so if the remote needs the rack unit, I'm guessing they may want to pick up the rack unit from me...
Old 9th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJetTek View Post
Monkey, you mentioned that that unit on eBay is a remote. I don't know anything about those units, but does that mean the "remote" controls the rack unit, or does the "remote" unit work independently? The seller of the eBay unit is about half an hour away from me, so if the remote needs the rack unit, I'm guessing they may want to pick up the rack unit from me...
The remote needs the rack unit yes. Maybe it'd be appealing to sell as a package? that said, I don't know that the remote is going to sell at all at that price....
Old 9th May 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
The remote needs the rack unit yes. Maybe it'd be appealing to sell as a package? that said, I don't know that the remote is going to sell at all at that price....
That's what I'm hoping. I'm guessing they don't realize that the remote is useless without the rack unit so hopefully I can sell them the rack unit and they'll sell the package.
Old 9th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJetTek View Post
That's what I'm hoping. I'm guessing they don't realize that the remote is useless without the rack unit so hopefully I can sell them the rack unit and they'll sell the package.
Maybe! Good luck
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search