The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replacing knobs on older gear Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 4th May 2015
Lives for gear

Replacing knobs on older gear

Hey everyone. I have a few older pieces of gear I need to find some missing knobs for. I have an old Lexicon PCM41 that needs one, an older Neve box that needs one, and several other older higher end pieces of gear. Does anyone know of a place to get just knobs from? How about knob indicators? I would think there must be a company out there that sells just knobs for electronic stuff or am I missing something?
Old 4th May 2015
Lives for gear

Finding knobs is easy, finding specific knobs for specific gear can be rather difficult. I would start with contacting the manufacturers first.
Old 4th May 2015
Be prepared to pay a stupid amount of money if you buy from the manufacturer. (Especially Neve knobs)
Old 4th May 2015
Lives for gear

Finding stuff that can fit on the shaft of a potentiometer is easy. Finding the right ones that came on the piece originally is the hard part. I really like my gear to look as new as possible so finding the right stuff matters to me.

Paying a bunch for the Neve knobs will sort of be a given in my mind. However I got such a good deal on my Neve stuff that I can spare a few bucks to make them look as good as possible.
Old 5th May 2015
Lives for gear

For neve style you can try classicapi and diy-tubes.

For general knobs there is mouser and digikey. Pedal parts plus is also good for a variety of stuff.
Old 5th May 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks Johnny. Had looked through Mouser but not Digikey. Thanks for the heads up!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search