The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Elecronics M4000 - still in production? Modulation Plugins
Old 3rd May 2015
Lives for gear

TC Elecronics M4000 - still in production?

I know I am late to the race , being that this unit came out in late 2003.

I know the company is being bought out.

Looks like M4000's are unavailable from my sources.

Anyone know for sure what the deal is?
Old 3rd May 2015
It's still on the TC Electronic web site and can be special ordered at Sweetwater.
Old 3rd May 2015
I bought mine 4 months ago here in France (new: 990€...). I still don't understand the difference range of TC's prices beetween US & Europe: Still an enigma to me.
It's a very nice unit, brilliant when you need "discrete" (meaning transparent) reverb. The presets are not very impressive so you'll have to create your own presets bank but the editor on mac is just perfect for editing.
The 4k shines on room & non-linear algos. The EMT emulation is also very close to the original. Beside all that I sometimes add Eventide or Lexicon for Plates & Halls as layers to the TC.
Old 3rd May 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks guys for your comments! I saw the Sweetwater info and felt that the M4000 may in fact be on it's way out of production , if not already.

I own an M3000 since 2001 and wanted to get into something new.
Old 4th May 2015
Lives for gear
The 4000 is a great piece of kit. These days I just leave it on the EMT 140 setting.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search