The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Unity the Rock Mk 2 vs Focal Solo 6 be, which has more bottom end Studio Monitors
Old 2nd May 2015
Gear Nut

Unity the Rock Mk 2 vs Focal Solo 6 be, which has more bottom end

Anyone used both? Thoughts?
Old 2nd May 2015
the rock has a newer version . the superrock. wait for it.
Old 2nd May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitorlove View Post
the rock has a newer version . the superrock. wait for it.
Definitely worth waiting for. I have had the super-rock in here this week. It's in another league.
Old 2nd May 2015
Gear Nut

Does it have more low end than the focals?
Old 2nd May 2015
Here's the shootout I did: If you haven't ever done a monitor shoot out in your own room...

No focals. No events (per your pm).
Old 3rd May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Definitely worth waiting for. I have had the super-rock in here this week. It's in another league.
Trevor can you compare it to the psi or any such big names that you have used?
Old 3rd May 2015
Quote:
Trevor can you compare it to the psi or any such big names that you have used?
It stood up well to my ATC's. Different league to any of the ones I had in for that shoot out.
Old 3rd May 2015
Gear Nut

I have a question, how was the soundstage of the super rock and was the bass chest thumping?
Old 3rd May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It stood up well to my ATC's. Different league to any of the ones I had in for that shoot out.
Trev, ive heard from multiple sources that the soundstage of the rock is a bit narrow compared to similar priced monitors. Does the superrock improve on this??what all improvements do you notice?
Old 3rd May 2015
Quote:
Trev, ive heard from multiple sources that the soundstage of the rock is a bit narrow compared to similar priced monitors. Does the superrock improve on this??what all improvements do you notice?
Soundstage wasnt a negative factor when I tried the old rock, but as I said above, the super-rock takes this price-point into a different league.
Old 4th May 2015
Gear Nut

Was the soundstage bigger though?
Old 4th May 2015
Rocks were a little too bright for me. I prefer the Solos's. Rocks being in a sealed box had less umph in the low end compared to the Solos. With the Solos, adjusting the EQ in the low end by 1 or 2 Db increase did it for me

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search