The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Event Opal VS Adam SX2, which is more "fun" to listen to Studio Monitors
Old 1st May 2015
Gear Nut

Event Opal VS Adam SX2, which is more "fun" to listen to

I had 3000 to drop on a HIFI system, but the only speakers that go really really low are studio monitors, so which one of these would you say is more "fun" to listen to and why? Does the SX2 still have that awful brightness that the A7x has? Which one has more bass?
Old 1st May 2015
Man I think you have heard the wrong hifi speakers. The opals do indeed go very low and i love them for mixing but they are in no way in competition with listening speakers of the same value. My friend has a set of Richter 3 way floorstanders worth $1800 that absolutely run rings around my opals for listening, and they have just as much sub. If you plan on mixing as well as listening then the opals are nice but there are many speakers out there that sound better, and are cheaper!!
Old 1st May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gintoh View Post
I had 3000 to drop on a HIFI system, but the only speakers that go really really low are studio monitors, so which one of these would you say is more "fun" to listen to and why? Does the SX2 still have that awful brightness that the A7x has? Which one has more bass?
I personally have the Opals and LOVE them, amazing to create with and listen too 100%! I am, however, picking up a pair of Adam s3xh monitors for another room I have. I doubt you could go wrong with either man.

PS; Just go Opal lol
Old 1st May 2015
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gintoh View Post
Does the SX2 still have that awful brightness that the A7x has? Which one has more bass?
I have the S2x and used to have the A7 (not x). S2x still has the trademark Adam ribbon tweeter accuracy, but the brightness is far more refined. Perfectly balanced speakers.
Old 1st May 2015
Gear Nut

Bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search