The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Aurora & Heritage Audio, What the difference? Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 30th April 2015
  #1
Lives for gear
 
127Riot's Avatar
 

Aurora & Heritage Audio, What the difference?

What is the difference between Aurora & Heritage Audio?

I heard good things about both companies, I know Geoff Tanners is somehow involved with both can someone give some insight?


Thanks in advance.
Old 30th April 2015
  #2
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 

Ooo you brought this upon yourself mate
Old 30th April 2015
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot View Post
What is the difference between Aurora & Heritage Audio?

I heard good things about both companies, I know Geoff Tanners is somehow involved with both can someone give some insight?


Thanks in advance.
Hi

I don't know where you got that info from but it's nonsense.

I have zero, nada, zilch to do with Heritage Audio.

So much for "knowing"!

Old 30th April 2015
  #4
Lives for gear
 
127Riot's Avatar
 

Oops.

I was greatly mistaken. I guess there is a big difference then. Sorry about that Geoff. There's so many companies popping up all the time it's hard to take in.
Thanks For clearing that up.

Steve
Old 30th April 2015
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Cucaio75's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot View Post
I was greatly mistaken. I guess there is a big difference then. Sorry about that Geoff. There's so many companies popping up all the time it's hard to take in.
Thanks For clearing that up.

Steve
Geoff Tanner make great Neve inspired jewels.
He combine best of vintage and modern.
Heritage Audio make Vintage Neve Modules Clones, and it seems that they are the best on the market.
Old 30th April 2015
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot View Post
I was greatly mistaken. I guess there is a big difference then. Sorry about that Geoff. There's so many companies popping up all the time it's hard to take in.
Thanks For clearing that up.

Steve
Hi

No problem.... just clarifying that misconception before it spreads!

Old 30th April 2015
  #7
Lives for gear
 
127Riot's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucaio75 View Post
Geoff Tanner make great Neve inspired jewels.
He combine best of vintage and modern.
Heritage Audio make Vintage Neve Modules Clones, and it seems that they are the best on the market.
Thanks
For that info, as I'm looking to buy a pair if 1084's "clones" and I was going to go the BAE route and now I am considering the heritage 1084's.
Old 30th April 2015
  #8
I guess you can't go wrong with any of them... Like compare apples to apples... Throw in the Ams there aswell.

If you look for the 1084 that say.

Have no experience with Aurora but from the raving reviews Geoff has its hard to belive that you will be let down, thou it's not a 1084
Old 30th April 2015
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
OwDU7's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlofBerggren View Post
I guess you can't go wrong with any of them... Like compare apples to apples... Throw in the Ams there aswell.

If you look for the 1084 that say.

Have no experience with Aurora but from the raving reviews Geoff has its hard to belive that you will be let down, thou it's not a 1084
Aurora GTP8 here! Use it all the time, awesome sound!
Excellent service! Experienced it myself recently

No affiliation whatsoever...
Old 1st May 2015
  #10
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
I'd say the biggest difference is that Aurora Audio does NOT build clones, of course the design topology is the same and it's inspired by the neves.. but it's not a clone.

You'll find a lot of opinions on both, I have mine as well, I suggest you to try both and then decide with your ears in your place..
Btw I do like Aurora (own a gtq2) and Geoff is a real gentleman..can't go wrong..



Cheu
Old 1st May 2015
  #11
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
Peter from Heritage has nailed it ….

Heritage has earned my official seal of Awesomeness!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump